Chapter 9 ↣

I finished what episodes were available for Steven Universe then I went back to watching Arrow, and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with this sudden change from bright cartoons to blood and death and my main OTP having sex...which killed me. I got SO mad. Why can't characters like each other without the smutty stuff? Okay end of rant.

Knock.

I cover my head with my arms. Just five more minutes, my body needs rest.

Knock knock.

"For fucks sake!" I shout rolling off my bed and trudging towards my door.

It must be the landlord, no one else knows about my apartment. I mean, after Oliver and his gang found where I lived, I moved back into my old apartment. Which sucks...I liked that house in the glades.

I swing my door open and I let out a little yelp when I see Oliver and Roy standing there.

I manage to close the door, "What the hell!"

"Open the door Alex." Roy says knocking.

I glance down at my sweat pants and crop top. "I'd rather not."

"Open it, or we'll open for you." Oliver threatens.

"Do you have a warrant?" I ask jokingly while opening the door letting the fully suited vigilantes into my 'secret' home.

"You weren't at your other house." Oliver says pulling his hood off.

"Yes, because I was sleeping here...like a normal human being." I say topping it off with a yawn.

They both roll their eyes.

"Yeah, believe it or not, I still need sleep to live. Scientists don't know why, but we do. I'm not a fucking robot." I walk past them into my kitchen.

"We need your help." Oliver says.

"Do you? Do you really?" I say laughing slightly. Liars. Why on earth would they need MY help?

"According to some of our...friends...at STAR Labs-"

"Annnd, you lost me." I say while pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"If you would let me finish," Oliver trails on as I sip my coffee in silence, "Some of our friends at STAR Labs traced a large shipment of cyanide heading from Central City to here in Starling."

I choke on my drink and start laughing, "Haha! That's precious! Now please really, I need some sleep."

"We're being serious." Roy says making me laugh more.

"You woke me up and made me endure high levels of anxiety just to tell me cyanide was being trucked here? You got to be joking." I finish my coffee and place it into my sink.

"We aren't joking." Roy says.

"Can I speak with you for a minute?" Oliver asks. I make eye contact with him for the first time in a few days. Anxiety you are one of my biggest genetic flaws.

"I-I uh, sure." I stutter walking into the other room, which is my bedroom. Annnnd I'm unpleasantly uncomfortable with this tension.

"You seem different, what happened?" He asks closing the door.

"I'm not sure what you mean.." I say confused.

He starts to laugh suddenly, "You really are tired aren't you?"

I look back at my clock, "If it's two in the morning on Friday, the last time I had eight straight hours of sleep was...last Friday."

"Which was when you were with me." He points out making my face tint slightly.