Chapter 13 ↣

I cry out in pain and feel my entire body burn, like I'm on fire, but I'm not.

I scream as the feeling of my flesh sizzling away hits every inch of my body, and soon enough the pain morphs into a million needles striking my head and when I go to touch my head, the pain spread from my head, across my hands and started to slowly crawl up my arms.

The feeling of millions of tiny needles prodding in and out of my body over and over again, the pain is almost unbearable, but in the back of my head there is a small voice whispering...'you deserve it' 'you deserve it' 'you deserve it' 'you deserve it' time and time again. Constantly whispering it.

Finally it stops...everything stops. I'm sprawled across the floor sweating and crying, my entire body in pain...and Osiris is laughing at me.

Laughing at my pain, and how vulnerable I am. How he could do anything to me right now.

He could kill me right now he said, right now if he so pleased.

I didn't beg otherwise, I didn't even move.

The thought of death was a blessing, I felt like that's the only good thing left for me.

Everyone I ever knew is dead, slaughtered in front of me. If I live I will just be tortured thinking that I could have saved them.

I could have saved them all.

My mother, my baby sister, everyone of them.

They all begged and pleaded for me to save them, but I didn't, I couldn't.

I wasn't strong enough.

I will never be strong enough.

I open my eyes calmly and almost start to flip out at the sight of the warehouse ceiling, but then remember that we are back in Starling.

Sitting up and pull off a weird wire that was injected into my blood stream. I guess it was a sedative, damn. 

Felicity walks over to me and laughs, "You passed out of exhaustion. And your body reacts negatively towards you sleeping, care to explain."

"I don't like sleeping." I mumble laying back down on the cot.

"But you are tired?" She questions raising her eye brows.

"My body hates me so much in a way that when I physically need something, it will do everything in its power to make sure I don't get that thing." I say while covering my face and yawning.

"So in this case sleep?"

"In every case sleep or sometimes eating." I push myself up and grab my bag and jacket. I can't just wait around here, I have other things to do.

"Where are you going?" She asks walking after me.

"Want to go get coffee?" I ask, not turning around, but just staring at the empty mannequins.

"Really, or is this a pity attempt to make me feel better since you turned me down?" Glancing back at her I see she is unamused.

I shrug and offer her a fake smile, "I'll just go without you since you don't look so inclined to leave."

Her eyes soften and she grabs her bag, "I'm sorry I just...didn't want you to think less of me, especially since you were sent to 'protect' me."

I snort and shake my head, "I was going to go with you either way, Oliver and I are-"

"Dating. I know." She finishes making me start to laugh and shaking my head.

"No no no no, no. Just...no. No. No. We are not dating. I was going to say, 'are arguing and not seeing eye to eye.'" I say making her face go bright red.