Krug #47

“Torey babe, I’m home. Sorry I was late on leaving Jimmy needed help with his knee,” I yelled as I slammed our apartment door shut and dropped my purse on the table.

“Its fine, Jocelyn, but you gotta be ready by six! The guys are gonna get anxious and go crazy,” Torey replied as he walked out of our bedroom looking down at his tie as he fixed it.

“Ok, T. I’ll be ready I just gotta pull my dress on and fix the tips of my hair with my straightener,” I replied and I walked into the bedroom and directly to the closet.

I slid the door opened and pulled out my beautiful Purple dress with a black band around the waist. Quickly I pulled off my blue buttoned up shirt and black pencil skirt, then pulled the dress over my head.

There was a knock on the door, “J are you ready,” Torey’s voice asked.

“I will be in like five minutes,” I replied and opened our door.

I quickly paced over to the bathroom and plugged my straightener, making sure it was at 400 degrees. Once it was fully heated I used it on my hair, double checking to make sure I didn’t have hairs sticking up.

“Ya know you look beautiful with your hair natural,” Torey mumbled as he wrapped his arms around his waist and put his head on my shoulder lightly.    

I looked at him through the mirror, “Thank’s T,” I replied turning around and placing a soft little kiss on his lips.

“Well J, I’m ready when you are,” He replied as we both walked out of the bathroom and into the living room.

“Ok, then Let’s go,” I replied and slid on my shoes, picking up my purse off of the table.

“Alright, let’s hit the road,” He replied grabbing my hand, leading me out of the apartment.

“Did you make sure it’s locked I asked looking at him straight in the eyes. He smiled back at me a nodded.

****

“Hey guys,” I greeted as we walked over to the table where Brad, his wife Jamie, Patrice and a very pregnant Nichole sat.

“Hey Torey, Jocelyn,” Patrice greeted shaking Torey’s hand and hugging me.

“Hey Nichole,” I said sitting down next to her, “How ya hanging in?”

“Good. Little Christian should be here… In like 2 week’s tops,” She replied rubbing her hand over her stomach.

“That’s good,” I replied with a somewhat fake smile.

To be honest I wish I could have all this. I wish I could be happily married and be expecting my first child with Torey. I guess he’s not ready for it yet, and I’ll totally wait for it. Just because I love Torey that much, he’s the love of my life.   

“Hello everyone, I’m James and I’ll be your server tonight! Could I get you anything to drink,” James asked as he took out his note pad to write stuff down on.  

“I’ll have a Mountain Dew,” Brad Informed looking down at his menu.

“Could I please have a water,” Jamie asked looking up at him.

“I’ll have water too,” Patrice told James.

“I’ll have the same,” Torey mumbled.

“So will I,” Nichole said with a smile.

“Me too,” I replied looking down at the menu. 

“Alright, I’ll be right back with those drinks,” He replied with a bright white smile.

“So what do you guys think you’re gonna have,” Brad Questioned looking up.

“Spaghettie,” Patrice, Jamie and I all replied at the same time.

“Oh, I’m gonna have the chicken Parm,” Nichole informed.

“Soup Salad and Bread Sticks,” Torey informed as he flopped his menu down on the table.

“What about you Brad,” I asked looking at up with questioning eyes.

“Oh, I think I shall have the Chicken Alfredo,” He replied lying his menu down as well.

******

I pulled my spoon and fork out of the little wrap thing and realized that there was something still in there. I slowly unfolded the rest of the napkin, feeling as if everyone’s eyes were on me.

My eyes went wide as I saw the beautiful silver ring with big chunks of emeralds and sapphires. I looked up, “Uhh what is this?”

I looked straight at Torey. He had a smile on his face as he got down on one knee.

“Jocelyn Marie Roth, I love you with all my life. And I have loved you since the second I first laid my eyes on you. Will you please do the honor in joining my in Marriage,” He asked looking up at me with a hopeful smile and bright shining eyes.

I covered my mouth with my right hand as tears welled in my eyes while shaking my hand yes. He slowly slid the ring on my ring finger and got up, sitting back in his seat. I soon attacked him with a hug as tears kept streaming down my face.

As I pulled away I saw that almost everyone in the restaurant was clapping for us.

“I love you so much T!!”

“Ditto,” He said loud enough only for those of us at the table to hear.

We all kinda chuckled.

It was the best night of my life!    

***

Thanks For reading!! NEXT IS THORNTON!!!