Seidenberg #44

“Dennis, please come home,” I cried into the phone.

“Maria, what happened,” Dennis’ worried voice came through the phone.

“I-I’m not s-sure exactly what happened but David is in the hospital, his school just called and- and that’s all I know,” I replied as hot tears streamed down my face.

“Maria, I-I can’t just drop everything and come to a hospital where there would probably be nothing I can do but sit at his bed side,” He replied and sighed.

“O-Ok. Fine. While your son could possibly be dying, I’ll be visiting him,” I replied and hung up before he could say a word.

I quickly rushed out of the house and straight to my car, driving to the hospital. Once I got there I pulled in the driveway and found the very first parking spot I saw opened. Then I quickly locked the car, running straight into the hospital. I made my way to the front desk.

“Hi, I was wondering where David Seidenberg is. I was called by his school, they said he was being sent here,” I informed the guy at the front desk. 

The man typed something in, leaning towards the screen he scrolled, “Ah, yes. He is currently in room 637. The doctors are currently checking in on him and getting him situated. By the time you get up there the doctors should be ready to talk to you,” He told me with a slight smile.

“O-Ok, thanks sir,” I thanked and headed straight to the elevator pressing floor 6, causing the doors to slid closed.

The elevator soon lifted and the doors opened. Quickly I made my way to room 637, where a doctor was currently walking out of.

“D-Doctor, what’s wrong with David,” I asked as I walked up to him.

“Oh hello Maria! I never thought I’d see you here for David,” The doctor stated looking down at me with a warm comforting smile.  

“What’s wrong with David? The school told me that you should be the one to tell me what happened,” I informed as I shook hands with him.

“Well during football practice he was sacked and landed the wrong way. He bruised his spine. While he went flying back his helmet was ripped off due to the other young men falling on him making his nose break and bruise pretty deep,” He informed looking down at his clip board to make sure he names off everything.

“I-Is he ok?”

“As of right now he can feel all of the nerves in his body, so we know for a fact that he isn’t paralyzed. But he has a severe headache from his nose breaking, we are still looking into the reason why his head is so bad,” The doctor added.

“A-Alright, C-Can I please go into see him,” I asked as wiped my teary eyes.

“Yes Maria you can, right now he’s awake but please don’t let him get riled up,” The doctor advised as he took his eyes away from the clipboard that was now at his side.

“Thank you doctor,” I mumbled and shook his hand before making my way into David’s room.   

“Oh my baby,” I cried as I saw him.

He was lying on the bed. “Hey mom,” His deep raspy voice mumbled as he looked at me with his sad deep brown eyes.

“Oh David, I was so worried about you,” I cried as I plopped down into the chair next to his bed and held his hand firmly.

“Love you mom,” He whispered.

“I love you too David,” I replied looking straight at him.

****

“Honey, can you please wake up,” A voice asked me softly.

“W-what,” I mumbled opening one eye.

“Maria, C’mon,” He whispered.

My eyes went wide at the voice making me let go of David’s hand and turn around.  

“I missed you so much Dennis,” I cried as I hugged him tightly and took in his comforting scent.

“I missed you too Maria and I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you yesterday, I should have.  Never in a million years did I think it would be this worse,” He replied hugging me and placing his chin on my shoulder.

“Love you Dennis.”

“Love you too M.”

We both looked at sleeping David, “ Love you too David,” He both said at the same time.

******

OH MY GOD!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT ONE SHOT! It shall be a BRAD MARCHAND one shot.... Sooo yeah :)