Kelly #23

“Samantha, is that you,” I heard a voice ask from behind me.

I slowly turned on my heels and saw that one of my Ex’s was standing there looking super surprised.  Chris, yes that’s his name, looked so much older than the last time I had seen him. Surprisingly, he still did have that bright white smile though.

“Chris,” I asked as I looked at him wide eyed.  

“Oh gosh Sam! It is you,” He said loudly as he walked towards me with opened arms.

“Chris,” I whispered as I held my arms out and hugged him tightly; taking in his scent.

“They all said you wouldn’t come. They said you left and didn’t plan to ever come back,” He exclaimed as he rested his head on my shoulder.

I let out a dry laugh, “Yeah, I didn’t but Gabby kept bugging me about coming here for this reunion.”

“Ahh, that makes sense! You were always pretty stubborn... Anyways, how have you been? Where do you live now,” He asked as looked at me and dug his hands into his front pockets.

“I’ve been pretty good! And I’m living in Illinois now, near Chicago,” I responded as I shifted my body weight to my right foot.

“That’s cool. I live in Boston most of the year. See, I made it to the NHL and now I play for the Bruins,” He informed as he gave me a slight smirk.  

“Yeah, I heard about that! Ever since I moved to the Midwest I’ve liked the Minnesota Wild,” I replied.

“Well that’s cool! Who is your favorite player,” He asked, “Oh do you want to go sit down? Your shoes look uncomfortable.”

“Uhh sure,” I replied as he pulled me over to the bar.  

“Ok, anyways, My favorite player is Ryan Suter! I met his dad a while back,” I informed as I crossed my legs.

“That’s cool! Do you want anything to drink,” He asked as he leaned back in the chair he was sitting in.

“Sure, I’ll just have water,” I replied and pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time.

“Who are those kids,” He asked once he saw my lock screen.

It was a picture of two young boys holding up a hockey trophy.

“Oh, those are my nephews! They won first place in their hockey tournament,” I informed smiling down at my lock screen.

“I missed talking to you so much Sam,” He whispered as he smiled at me shaking his head.

“I missed you too Chris,” I replied with a smirk.    

**** THERE YOU GO!!! JOHNSON IS NEXT!!! :D