Seven

A/N: ^^ I redid the trailer and it's better than the original if you wanna watch it.

Light. There was light in the center of the pitch darkness Frank was surrounded with. In the center of the room, the ray of light of light was streaming in through a window on the other side of the . . . room? Frank was not sure where he was. But it was cold inside, so cold that Frank's skin had broken out in goosebumps and his body shivered. He wrapped his arms around himself to keep some warmth but nothing could keep out the chill of fear in his bones.

Frank walked closer to the light - it was his instinct to get to warmth. But the more he neared, the more an object sat in the center of the light became obvious. Something dark brown and rectangular, urging Frank to come closer and discover what it was. Despite the weariness wavering Frank's footsteps, he regained his composure and continued to walk towards the object. And the more he neared it, Frank was able to identify what it was.

It was a box made of mahogany wood, the ridges and bumps making the box appear handmade. From the faded gold clasp and silver lining, the box showed that it was meant to be opened. The clasp was one where if you twisted it to one side, the container would unlock and become vulnerable to being opened. Light danced across the old gold and silver, casting white orbs onto the ground and into the seemingly never ending darkness Frank had descended from. Intrigued, Frank wandered over to the box, carefully sitting down in front of it.

He wondered if he should open it. The delicate box looked as if it was not untouched, but like it had so much time put into it that Frank did not want to lay a finger on it. At the same time, his curiosity was bubbling and his fingers were twitching to glide along the wood. Making a decision to do the latter, Frank hesitantly reached out for the device. When his fingertips made contact with the wood, he was not surprised to find it cold as well. He scooted closer, his fingers moving along the cool wood. The texture was full of tiny grooves from the mahogany but at the same time, it was a smooth glide that did not make Frank's fingers stutter in their movement.

He wanted to open the box. Knowing there was no harm in ever touching the box, opening it could not have been a bad thing. It did not seem to belong to anyone, the entire room was empty and dark. So, moving his hand lower, Frank's fingers found the gold clasp, twisting it to the right until he heard a click from inside the box. There was also a strange sound, like a string being plucked. Frank frowned. Once the clasp was opened, Frank carefully pulled the lid back and what was inside was revealed.

Frank saw himself in a mirror from the underside of the mirror, his face shrouded by shadows and light coming from the window. The mirror was clean, not one spot in sight. Suddenly, the room was filled with the strained and melodic chords of a song, the sound a music box made. The tinkling and beautiful sounds came together, forming a song Frank had heard before. The chords were of 'Skinny Love' by Birdy. When he casted his eyes downward, he was met with the sight of a ballerina figurine twirling slowly and gracefully to the music. Her tutu was white, but her shoes and ribbons were a soft pink. Her dark hair was in a bun and her eyes were closed. Though she was small, she was the only thing on the twisting platform inside the box, doing a never ending twirl to the song.

Frank stared at the ballerina moving, listening to the soft music coming from the antique music box. He touched the top of her head, feeling the solid material of what she was carved out of. Frank wondered whose music box it was and why it was so mysteriously placed in the middle of the room where anyone could take it. Or maybe the ballerina was abandoned, left to dance alone inside the box. Frank listened to the song until it drifted to an end, the final notes playing their melody with the chords gently clicking together.

——

When Frank awoke, all he could feel was the way his eyelids felt too heavy to lift and his entire body never wanting to move from the tiredness that had taken over it. But he forced himself to peel his eyelids back to open his eyes. His eyesight was blurry and in borderline pain when he saw how bright the room was. He squinted, turning his head to the side to face away from the light.