Part 9: The Runaway Bride

Jade's POV:
I stood in my room in my wedding dress, trembling.
"Jade, why did you open that portal?" Asher repeated for the third time.
"I don't know! A voice in my head told me to! Is that so crazy?" I asked, still shaken up.
"No, Jade. That woman was a fairy. She probably did a spell that messed with your mind. I locked her up. You're safe now, I promise," Asher said, as he wrapped his arms around me.
"Asher, I don't want anyone to ever come between us. I can't remember ever feeling this way, about anyone."
Asher smiled devilishly.
"That's just what I hoped you'd say. Now, I have to go take care of our little prisoners. I'll make sure they're tortured for trying to hurt you. Chow," he said, and walked out the door gleefully.
The way he was so excited about torture gave me a little chill, but I brushed it off. Just then, Asher's mother walked through the door. She was going to be my maid of honor. She was wearing a classy royal blue dress that I had picked out. It was a bit unnerving how similar her appearance was to my own, but I pushed the thought out of my mind.
"Oh, my dear, you look stunning! You're going to make a wonderful queen," she said. She sat down next to me, and her hand brushed against mine. Something about her touch seemed so familiar. Then, my hand started to glow, and visions appeared in my head of Asher's mother teaching a winged little girl how to fly. There was another winged little girl as well, but she was blonde, and the other was a brunette. Then it hit me, and all my memories came rushing back to me.
"Mother?" I asked, as a tear ran down my cheeck.
"Yes, it's me! The magic must not have completely vanished from your system yet. You brought back your memories.....and mine. I always knew you were gifted," she said, reminiscing.
"Mother.....what happened to Father?" I asked.
"Sweetheart.......he's dead. At royal weddings, the bride and the groom have to drink from a cup of blood together. I remeber Eric, my husband, telling me it was the blood of the king fairy. They must have killed him," she said, choking on the last words. She began sobbing. "We better get down to the dungeon before Asher kills Alana," Mother said hysterically.
"Asher wouldn't do that to me.......would he? I thought he loved me."
"Asher was troubled even before we bit him. He was a member of a gang, and Eric thought he'd be a good fighter,so he chose him as our son. I chose Alec, because of his kindness. He was eighteen, and he volunteered at the soup kitchen on weekends. I thought he could keep me company while Asher and Eric were out hunting. He had such a good life, and it was selfish of me to bite him, but I did." Suddenly, the maid walked in.
"Ladies, please follow me to the ballroom. The wedding will be starting in five minutes," she said, beckoning to us.
"Lydia, can we have a minute?" Mother asked.
"Yes, Queen Willow," she said, and quickly exited.
"Go to the wedding. It'll look too suspicious if you're not there. I'll break Alana and Asher out, and take them back to our realm. Then, when you and Asher are alone, hit him with a stunning spell, and run through the portal. Then, seal the door shut, and he'll never be able to travel to the fairy realm again."
"Ok," I said, and I grabbed what I now knew was my wand, and stuck it inside my dress.
Suddenly, Lydia popped her head through the door.
"Tick tock ladies. The ceremony starts in three minutes!" She shouted, checking her watch.
"I'm going to the restroom and then I promise I'll be there," Mother lied, heading towards the dungeons.
"Alright, well the wedding can still go on without the maid of honor, but you're coming with me!" Lydia shouted, and we used our vamp speed to get to the waiting room outside the ballroom.
"Stay here," Lydia said, and quickly exited. Then, a woman with long orange hair entered the room.
"Hi, I'm Gretchen, Eric's sister. I was originally one of your bridesmaids, but Lydia informed me I need to cover for Willow," Gretchen said.
"Yes, thank you," I replied, thinking about what I needed to do.
I heard the music start inside the ball room.
"There's our cue," Gretchen said, and we entered the ballroom. Asher looked at me and smiled, showing his fangs. I couldn't bare to look at him. He was a monster, yet I felt drawn to him. I pulled out my wand and hit him with a stunning spell from across the room. I threw Gretchen against the wall, and ran. The guests gasped. I could here footsteps behind me. I made it to Asher's room, and ran through the magic door that my mother had left open for me. I sealed it shut. I was finally free.