Chapter 13. The Storm

Judy had just passed through the Climate Control walls from Rainforest District, into Sahara Square before realizing that it was almost four-thirty. "I guess the climbing and the experience took longer than I had noticed." She thought as she turned on the radio, and listened to 'Ed Deeran', and the tune began calming her nerves. Just then a tire blew out, and made her get all tense again. "Could this day get any more exciting?" she thought sarcastically. The wind began to pick up, kicking dust into the air making it harder for Judy to see out the wind shield, and she began looking for a good place to stop and repair the broken tire. After a few minutes of turning on her police hazard lights and driving slow, Judy saw a car garage just a few yards further down the road.

When she had finally pulled in front of the garage, Judy put on her sunglasses, her bandana, and headed outside to look and see if someone was here. Knocking on the side door, but got no response and she had to try and open the door. But upon turning the door knob, the wind flung the door open with a start and hit the wall on the inside with a loud bang, startling Judy a little, but there was still no one here. Walking inside and discovering that this abandoned garage was still full of equipment and tools, everything to fix, replace, and restore a vehicle was still laying on shelves and on top of the front desk. "This is a little spooky, where is everyone?" she thought to herself as she began looking around. It was dark and very misty inside, almost like no one had been here in a long time. Dust was covering everything that Judy could see, and noticed that there was a computer behind the desk. She went over and tried turning it on, but nothing happened, then she tried flipping the light switch and got the same result. Then Judy began to go outside and see if the problem was a blown circuit, but found a generator instead. After examining it for a few seconds, she noticed that it needed some gas to power this small garage, and remembered that she has three extra gas tanks on the back of her vehicle.

Once she had emptied one of her gas tanks in the generator, she flipped a couple of switches and pulled the lever down, almost instantly the generator sparked to life and began running smoothly. Then she raced inside, turned on the lights, and gasped at the horrific sight that lay before and around her. All over the floor was claw marks and dried blood, like someone had been attacked and dragged somewhere else, all that she could find in clues as to who ran this facility, was a hat that was stained with blood and a name badge on it. "Marty Kaynines." She said in disbelief, but didn't know who or what did this to him. Whatever it was, it had left its large claw marks and scratches all over the floor, but she couldn't stay here and wait. The sun was going down and she had to get the next lens so she could find the box and ransom Nick from Jeremiah. She only had two more days until that were to happen, and opened the garage to bring her car in and replace the tire. Then she turned the computer on so she could see if anyone else had recently been to this facility. After a few minutes of waiting for it to finish rebooting, she found that it was run by Marty and Harrison Kaynines, with a coworker that had just started and was hardly in the system, but she was able to get a name. "Chris Terrier." She thought to herself, and found that the last time this facility had been visited was back in 2005, and began to dig a little more into this for just a bit longer, but still had trouble finding out what happened and when.

Judy then powered off the computer and began changing out her spare tire, which took almost an hour due to her size, but she felt proud and relieved that she was able to change a tire that was a little more than half her size. Then she looked around for some extra gear, and found some extra batteries, rope, a small lighter, and a pocket knife that looked a little like the one she lost on the cliff. Even though there was lots of other equipment in the abandoned garage, she only took the necessary stuff for this mission, but did happen to find a small fridge by the front desk that was completely filled with water, and decided not to take them due to the fact that the last time someone visited, was almost 11 years ago. Judy then opened the garage, shut off all the lights, turned off and siphoned out the remaining gas inside the generator, before heading out into the dust storm.