Chapter 22. Underground

Almost three days went by, and a little past two in the afternoon, but were still no closer to finding Jeremiah, they did however knock off more in the remaining districts, as well as looking for anything outside the city. "I can't find anything, carrots. Are you having better luck?" He asked, as he scrolled down on his computer screen for any clues, but found none.
"I don't think so, Nick. I just can't seem to find anything as well, but there are some anomalies surrounding Zootopia." She answered before she took a sip of coffee.
"Like what?" He asked and raised an eyebrow at her, like he was going to give her 'The Look'.
"It's like there should be something here, but it's being blocked. Like 'Juungle' isn't wanting to show this part of maps." She answered, sounding a bit discouraged and agitated.
"What do you mean? Like it's censored out?" he asked as he came around to look at what she was trying to explain.
"Kind of. Like these pictures are up to date, except for these eight. They're almost three years old, making the time and position of the sun off by an hour." She explained as she zoomed in, revealing that it was near a cliff by a waterfall, and a path that led up there still has the bridge where mammals would take beautiful pictures, but they stopped around the same time the rangers said no one was allowed up there anymore. The place used to be called 'Misty Falls', where the falls would become so misty on a winters eve, making the mist cold and thick.
"There are some reports here, stating that 'some mammals have accidentally fallen to their watery graves. Investigators and rangers have yet to determine if they should be categorized as accidents, and possibly murders or suicides. But until further notice, that area is now off limits and trespassers will be arrested and fined, no exceptions.' Sounds like a good place to hide outside the city?" She read as she looked up at Nick, who was thinking very hard at this new development.
"Chief Bogo, please?" Nick suddenly asked over the radio on his shoulder.
"Right away." Came the response before a fairly short pause.
"Yes?" Bogo asked, sounding like he had just woken up.
"This is Officer Wilde, sir. I have a question?" Nick said as he stood right behind Judy.
"Other than the one you just asked?" Bogo replied teasingly, while feeling a little annoyed.
"Officer Hopps and I have been looking for any possible leads in finding Jeremiah, and I think she may have just found it. Outside the city there's a place called 'Misty Falls', and it has been closed because some mammals have fallen from there, but there's also some pictures in 'Juungle maps' that don't add up." Nick explained, as he leaned in so he could look at her screen more closely.
"How don't they add up?" Bogo asked impatiently.
"Eight of these pictures are almost three years old, and the times don't add up in sun placement and time. We believe that Jeremiah is hiding out in that area, and I was wondering.....with your permission of course, if we could go and investigate that area?" Nick finished and waited for his response.
"Hang on a second, Wilde. That area sounds familiar to me, and I can almost place it, but I'm going to go through some old files and see if that is where I may have read about it. I will get back to you when I have results." Bogo explained and hung up.
"What did Bogo say?" Judy asked as she looked away from her screen, and Nick then began to tell her of their conversation, while Bogo began to look through every filing cabinet he has in his office.
"I know I read it in a file, but which one?" He thought to himself and continued looking through everything.

An hour had passed before he found what he was looking for, but decided to read it first and examine it thoroughly before calling Nick back. 'Misty Falls' case #143. 'The Misty Falls. The bodies of mammals have been removed from the edge of the lake that the falls pour into, and then runs out in the river called 'Jimmies River', since the river to the falls runs through Jimmy Diggers mine. It is still unknown about these deaths of a few mammals, but until further notice, 'Misty Falls' is to be closed due to investigators working on solving this mysterious case.' He read.
"I don't remember sending any investigators to the falls?" He thought to himself before turning the page and continued reading. 'Misty Falls sits about a quarter of a mile away from 'Zootopian Nuclear Power plant'. It has been almost ten years since it had been closed due to too much resources, and not enough power. The plant is built so that in case the nuclear reactor was to fail, it would collapse that part of the plant and drop it underground, burying it so the radiation wouldn't spread around the surface. When it was shut down, they disposed of the radiation materials in another facility in "New Yak City", where they have quite a few power plants up there.' Bogo then stopped reading and called him back.
"I just found the file for the 'Misty Falls' case, I will grant you two permission to investigate the facility with one condition." He said as he set down the file on his desk.
"What is the condition, sir?" Nick aske as he stood up from his desk.
"You must have two swat teams on standby at all times, if you run into any trouble just call and they will be there in less than two minutes." Bogo said as he walked towards the window to look outside, and see the progress of restoring the houses that were destroyed from the explosion, that destroyed the climate control walls.
"Let me tell Judy real quick, sir." He said, before a slight pause. "We both accept your condition, sir." He responded as they stood up to grab their gear, and proceed to get their swat teams ready.
"It is ten miles outside the city, follow the dirt road that is near Train Central Station, and watch your backs. If that is where Jeremiah is hiding, you will need to be very careful. I highly recommend the cover of nightfall for this, in case that is where he is at." Bogo added.
"Yes sir, we'll be very careful." Nick replied as they picked both Bravo and Delta swat teams for their backup.