Chapter 29. The Letter

"No! Absolutely not!" Bogo replied as he raised his voice at them.
"With a due respect, sir. That is all he wants to do, instead of letting her body slowly decay in the morgue, or having her buried improperly?" Judy said trying to keep him from shouting.
"What you're asking, Hopps. Wilde. Is that I basically release him so he can bury that accidental death in the warehouse, and not only that, but it could also endanger him and the lives of others." Bogo replied as he folded his hands together.
"But sir? He cooperated and gave us everything we need to cure those gone savage. Shouldn't he get a last request as he is about to be transferred to 'Zootopia penitentiary', where he is going to be locked up until he dies in prison?" Nick asked him as he explained Jeremiahs' final request, and set what he gave both of them on the desk. Bogo then stood up and walked over to the window overlooking the rebuild of the climate control walls, which were almost completed and functioning. He gave a heavy *sigh* as if he had been thinking about it very hard, but turned around.
"Okay, I will grant him this final request, but under one condition?" Bogo said as he sat back down and began to type it up on his computer.
"Yes, what is it?" Judy asked as her eyes widened.
"He has to wear a secondary collar, one that is much like the one he is wearing, except it will send a shock if he tries anything or gets angry. And has to be escorted by officers at all times including you two." Bogo said as he printed it out, and gave them a pen for him to sign.
"Yes sir, thank you sir." Nick replied as they stood up and took the paper and pen from his hand.
"He will be transported by a prisoner van, and will be watched at all times." Bogo said as if to tell them to get out of his office. Both of them left and closed the door behind them, and gave each other looks like they are holding the paper to a dying reptile his final request, though they knew that they were.

When they walked back into door #35, and saw that at least ten guards with rifles all pointing at Jeremiah as one of them opened the cell door. Another one was holding a box that held the collar for him. Nick then walked up to him and handed him the pen to sign it, but Jeremiah hesitated for only a moment before he took the pen, and signed it in his full name. Just then the guard holding the collar walked up and presented the collar to Judy.
"Why are you giving this to me?" She asked questionably.
"Jeremiah requested that you place it around him." He responded as he opened the lid, revealing a titanium-steel collar, with metal needles that will pierce through flesh, and send a painful shock in the process. This kind of collar is meant for the worst and unruly kind of criminal, the kind that will cause trouble even behind bars, and needed to be controlled. She looked over at Jeremiah with pain in her eyes as she felt pity towards him, and Jeremiah knew that she didn't want to put it around him.
"It's okay, Judy." He said as he slowly slithered out of the cell, and stopped just a few feet away from them. Judy slowly took it and walked up to him, biting the inside of her lip as she slowly wrapped it around him, but stopped just before she connected the ends of it.
"I-I'm sorry..." She said quietly so he would be the only one to hear her.
"Don't be. It's what I deserve." He replied as he looked down at her and into her eyes. He could see the pain in her eyes as well as she could in his. She then connected it, and watched as the ends tightened it around him, then pierced the needles halfway into his 'neck'. He flinched as they went deeper and deeper until they stopped, and blood slightly ran from each piercing. Some of the blood he coughed up, but swallowed it back down so it wouldn't get on her.
"And he also requested that Officer Wilde put the muzzle on him." The same guard said as he handed the muzzle to Nick. Nick took it and walked right up to Jeremiahs' head, but was also hesitant to do it.
"Come on, Nickolas? I know you wanted to do this to me. Go ahead, put it on me." Jeremiah said softly and looked into his eyes before Nick put it on him, and tightened it so it wasn't loose. "Thank you, Nickolas. And thank you, Judy." Jeremiah said as they connected chains to both collars, and put chain leashes on them so he wouldn't try anything.
"For what?" Judy asked as she felt some tears forming.
"For granting me my final request, of course." He said as he picked her chin up and tried to smile, but a guard pulled hard on the leash which cause the collar to dig the needles in deeper.