Chapter 30. Closure

They followed the GPS to the address in City Central, it was on the borders of the Rainforest District and City Central which worked out for them. They finally stopped at a really nice house in a gated community, the grass was green and freshly watered, the fence posts were recently painted, and the area was calm and quiet for a community.
"Well, here goes nothing." Nick stated nervously as he began to open his door.
"You sure you're okay, Nick?" Judy asked as she noticed he took in a deep breath.
"I-I'm fine, carrots. I'm fine." He said as he attempted to open his door, but couldn't find the strength to do it.
"Would you like me to come in with you?" She asked as she reached over and held his hand. He paused for a moment as he grabbed hers, and thought for a moment.
"Can you, please?" He said as he looked up at her with a nervous look in his eyes.
"Okay, Nick." She replied softly and gave him a small smile as she unbuckled and got out with him. As they walked up to the door, Nick seem a bit agitated about all this, it looked as if he was thinking through a lot of possibilities that could happen, but she only grabbed his hand and that seemed to help a little. Nick reached up and rang the doorbell, it was nerve wrecking for him. Not knowing how she will react or if she will remember him was all too painful for him, and almost made him tear up when the door opened.
"Yes?" She asked as she took a couple of steps towards them. She was an older fox, maybe in her early sixties, but she was still lovely.
"Uh... Mrs. Wilde?" Nick asked nervously as he dropped his hands to his side.
"Yes? What is this about?" She replied as she looked confused at their appearance.
"It's me, mom..." He began to say as he couldn't fight the tears anymore. Her eyes grew wide and she put her hand over her mouth.
"It's me, Nick. Your son." Nick finished as she ran up and gave him the biggest hug she could, it was a beautiful yet, kind of awkward for Judy to see a reuniting of lost family, but she was overjoyed to see him finally find his mother. They walked into her home so they could talk and catch up on everything.

Back at the ZPD, Bogo opened up what Jeremiah gave them and discovered a neatly written list on the savage mammals, with their names right next to the numbers and everything. But there was also something else in there, and pulled out a small note and a small vile of liquid in it. The note read. 'This vile is full of my venom, you will need it to open the box with the key. Put a little of my venom in the fangs of the key so it resembles actual fangs, when you insert it in the fangs will empty and cause the pressure to change releasing the lid so you can see what is inside. But I have to warn you, what may lay in this box could be harmful towards you, and to anyone that looks inside.' He read to himself, and decided to put the vile in with the box and key in the evidence room, then went to where they were keeping the mammals gone savage, and found each and every one of their release numbers. He read each one aloud as he found them, walking back and forth, and one by one they all turned from being savage and back to their normal selves. They were then check out of each room, and were sent home, but they only got what they have been giving out. Everyone knew that they were the ones that had gone savage, now they were the ones getting belittled and treated the way they have been treating everyone else. Jeremiah had succeeded, he had taken out the cancer at the very source, before it spread like wildfire throughout the city. But at the cost of it first burning, fast and hot like throwing straw in an open flame.

It was late when both Nick had got done catching up with his mom, and Judy was there listening to everything they said to each other. They said their goodbyes and they left with smiles on their faces, but Nick still had some tears in his eyes, tears of joy and relief. He had finally found peace with everything he ever wanted. All his questions, all his worries, were finally gone and he seemed happier now that he found her. And that night, both Nick and Judy had the best sleep they haven't had when it all first started.

The next morning, they learned that last night Julia came and confirmed that the body, was her husband and she almost broke down looking at it. But later that day, she had a proper funeral meant for him, he was buried in the ground under the tree in the graveyard, away from everyone else as if she wanted him to be buried in a place so she could be right next to him under that tree. He had a military funeral made for him, Nick and Judy were present at it, and he had a flag on his coffin, before it was folded up in a triangle and handed to Julia, who kept her husbands' last name as to help keep her memories of him alive.
"Ready, aim, fire!" Before the twenty-one salute sounded in honor. "Aim, fire!" They roared again. Two hours later, the three of them stood in front of his tombstone, and she rested his wedding ring on top of it, before walking away and leaving with tears still running down her face. They soon did the same and went back to the ZPD to finish their work.

But a few minutes later, a figure walked up and kneeled down at the tombstone, and laid one white rose in front of it.
"I'm sorry old friend. Can't even imagine how much it hurt to leave her like this, you were a very lucky wolf to have her." He said quietly as he stayed kneeled, before looking to his left at the other figure leaning up against the tree. "How's the shoulder and the chest?" He then asked before standing to his feet.
"Still a bit sore from all that, and I haven't fully recovered from the none-stimulus additive that I took, before I was flown to the hospital." The figure said as he took off his hood, revealing a familiar face and walked up to the gravestone.
"We still need to hunt down Isaac, and whatever he has planned for Zootopia and her mammals." He said as he picked up the ring, and put it back on his finger.
"Still can't believe you faked your death and left that beauty of a wife you have, or had. Do you think they will forgive you for what you did to them? What you put them through, Charlie?" The figure asked as he took off his hood to look at him, revealing that one of his eyes was a deep blue while the other was blood red, and looked at his sky-blue and brown eyes.
"You know why I had to, their lives would be in further danger than they already were, plus my brother thinks I'm dead and won't be looking for me, or expecting me, Crimson." Charlie said as he reached into his satchel that he had, and pulled out one of the evidence files he had on the possible whereabouts of his brother.
"Wasn't expecting Jade to be the one that shot you." Crimson said as he crossed his arms, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box with a lighter.
"Neither was I, but she is the best sniper we know in this world." Charlie replied as he read through the files. "I'm not asking you to come, nor do I want you to Crimson." Charlie added as he closed the file, but kept looking down.

Then Charlie began to remember how when Isaac gave him the thumb drive that kept Nicks' or Judys' computer on from the virus, and how he was strapped and cuffed in Jeremiahs' facility before Judy was given that dosage. How Isaac loosened his restraints so he could escape with them, and how he injected him with the serum that slowed his heartbeat to one beat a minute, and how that same serum kept him from bleeding out. But knew that even though they were brothers by blood, they had grown apart from each other, and Isaac turned his back on the light and the good in this city, but didn't expect him to actually help them escape. He remembered what Isaac told him as he walked over to 'check' on his restraints.
"Charlie, that dosage he gave both Nickolas and Judy, is to protect them." Isaac told him quietly so both Nick and Judy, couldn't hear him as he bent down to loosen his restraints.
"Protect them? How?" Charlie asked while he acted as if he tightened them.
"It is still in their system, and makes them immune from the real thing. Jeremiah doesn't want his venom to be weaponized, but if it is, then those two will have a chance to stop what may come." Isaac said as he slipped in a thumb drive into his armor around his arm.

"I know." Crimson began to say before he lit a cigarette and began to smoke. His sudden reply snapped him back, and out of his memory daydreaming. "So, when do we leave?" Crimson finished as he blew out a cloud. Charlie didn't answer but looked up and tucked the file into his satchel that held more of them. Turned around and gave him a small smirk.

Back at the ZPD, everyone forgot all about the box in the evidence room, and most of everyone went home before the night crew came in. Judy and Nick were at their apartment, resting from that day as the night crew sat at their desks, a small rush of wind followed by the lights flickering in all the floors.
"Hello? Is someone there?" One of the guards asked as he looked up from his desk, but the only response he got was from his fellow officers. The security cameras went blurry for just a split second before returning to their normal HD, the guards didn't catch it and continued to sip their coffee. But in the evidence room, a dark and long figure covered in burns across some of his body, closed his watch before moving towards the large briefcase that held the box, key, and vile of venom and opened it. He took out the key and filled it with the venom before sliding it into the keyhole and turning, then slide the end of his thin tail in the small pinhole right underneath the turned key. Almost instantly, there was a loud clicking sound like it unlocked, but the box lid shot out a bunch of dust and sounded as if it depressurized before he opened the lid.
"Yes, they are still here!" He said quietly to himself as he reached in and pulled out three books, each of them had numbers on them from one to three. "Soon, they will be reunited with their sister that Judy and Nickolas have." He said as he rubbed the pain in his lower neck, which was covered in scabs from needles that formed two rings around him. "I will soon discover the code that is resting, and hidden within in the pages of these books, for my name isn't..." He began to say, but chuckled a little. "Jeremiah!" He said to himself before laughing psychotically, and disappearing the same as he appeared!

End of Zootopia: Secrets and Deception.