1

I got lucky when I received the job for the Giants. Then I realized it was working in the laundry room. Nothing spectacular.

I sighed when I looked at the clothes that had to be washed and dried. I could see that I was going to be in this one for the long haul. When I was on the third load of clothes I looked up to see a guy with shaggy hair and deep set green eyes. "You must be Monique." he says. I smile. "That's me." I say. "Welcome to the Giants organization and sorry for the lack of help in here." he says.

I cross my hazel eyes at him. "Name is Shawn. Sorry for not coming in earlier. Caught in a meeting and all that." he says with a forced smile. "Don't be. I can see the chain of command here." I say.

"Down south or up north?" he asks. "Georgia." I say. He moved his hands to the back of his head. "First rule around and the most important. Try not to fall in love with the players." he says.

"At the rate I'm going. I won't see any." I say. He took the hint and back trailed out the door. I know it was a long shot that I would see any of them. When my shift was over it started to rain. Great. And my apartment was a good ten blocks from here and I didn't know when the next bus was coming.

Then I finally mused enough courage to walk I heard a deep voice behind me. "Need a ride?" the voice asked. I couldn't see his face.

"Yes." I say.

I followed him to the players parking. We stopped in front of a Bentley. He opened the door for me. And we entered the New York Traffic.