3

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I turn over and the clock reads ten thirty. I'm late. Then I roll over. Odell was awake. He had one hand on my hip and the other at the back of his head. "Good morning." I say to him. 

He smiles. "Good morning." he says. "How?" I start. "You fell asleep on the couch and carried you here. And I don't do well on the couch, so I.... you get the picture." he says. 

"Man I'm late." I say as I sit up. "I already called for you." he says. "Thanks. Did I give you my name?" I ask.

"Yes Monique." he says with a half smile. Why did he make my name sound a lot better than it was? Trying not to have sex with him was a struggle.

"I better get going." I say as I untangled from him. Instead of letting me go he softly grabbed my hand.  "How about breakfast. And a date." he says.

"That sounds nice. But I don't have anything to wear." I say. He smiles. "Not a problem." he says.

We went to breakfast in one of the most expensive bistros in the city. "What else did I tell you last night?" I ask him. "You went to LSU with me. You sat in front of me. We went out for a little bit and one thing tore us apart. When I saw you last night I knew I had to see you." he says

After breakfast we went shopping. "So, what made you want to come to New York?" he asks. I never really thought about it.

"Well, I was hoping to get a job with my degree and so far its not worth it." he smiles. "I remember that when we were at LSU. You always had your noise in a book." he says. I'm surprised he remembered that.

When we got back to his place I had a whole new wardrobe. "Thank you." I say.

"No problem. When I say I got you, I got you" he says. "Do me a favor." I turn to him.

"Be my girl." he says. 

I straddle his lap and kiss him. "You got yourself a deal." he says.