8

Thanksgiving is around the corner and this one of the lucky years he doesn't have to play. "New Orleans?" I ask. He hands me a spoon. "My parents haven't seen you since we were in college." he says.

"I know that, but its been years." I say. "Baby. Trust and believe me when we split they never let me live it down. You will always be the wife." he says as he rests his head against mine. Damn, I'm lucky. 

*

When we arrived at the door I had my Michael Kors bag tightly on my shoulder. Odell hated that he couldn't buy it. 

The door opened and their was his mom. Still beautiful as ever. "Odell!" she says as she opens the door. She pulls him in for a hug. "How's my baby?" she asks. "Amazing. You remember Monique right?" he asks.

"My baby's baby. I missed you." she says. 

I look at Odell and he gives me the 'I told you so' look. 

In the house there was his sister and little brothers. "Is that Monique we see?" his Dad asks. I smile as I remember his dad. "Its been too long." he says.

"I'm sorry about that. It won't happen again." I say. "Trust me and us, it won't Ma." Odell says as he comes beside me. I smile at the statement.

I hug him as we headed up to his old room. I take one of the pictures that was on his dresser. "Aww." I say. "Little league days." he says as he crosses his arms. A smile on his face. I felt his hands hug my waist. He lips press against the back of my neck.

"Stop, your family is in the other room." I say. "So?"  He slowly backs me to the bed. "Plus this would be a little revenge for me." he says.

Odell's POV

Looking at Mo sleep on my chest she's the best part of me. I been thinking for the last few months that we can't live without each other. I know I can't live without her. I'm going to propose one way or another to my better half.