ستة

They didn't get the starfishes, much to Tommen's sadness. He had bawled his eyes out when Jaime and Flora arrived at the boat, empty-handed and claiming that there were no more starfishes in the sea anymore. Flora felt Cersei's glare as she wrapped a protective hand around Tommen, shooting a suspicious look to Jaime. He looked the same, a small smug smile on his face, but he was thinking of something much deeper than that. The King was looking at Flora with her father, quietly discussing something at the end of the boat. Jaime wished he had hearing abilities that were superb so he could hear them, but he didn't, and that made it all the more frustrating.

He walked over to his drying cloth, feeling the sun on his wet back. He looked back at Flora, who was playing with Myrcella, and wondered if she would bring her too to the sea. It was the most beautiful thing in the world, even more beautiful than any land or place he has seen. He honestly wanted to stay here, yet he knew they couldn't do that. And he had to stay within that wall of smugness and no sentiment, otherwise Flora would really know him. And he didn't want that. Only three people could ever crack behind that wall, and it was his family

"Would you mind passing me the wine on the table, Jaime?" Cersei broke his train of thought as she sat back down, her golden tresses a little bit wet from all the water being splashed around. He brought the pitcher to her, sitting down in the chair adjacent. Pouring himself his own glass, he was surprised when the wine was freezing cold, and assumed that it was better because it was so hot.

"What kind of culture do they have here? I mean, cold wine?" Cersei wondered the same thing, scoffing as she drank the whole goblet.

"Let's try not to offend them, Cersei. It's only been a day."

"And what are they going to do? The whole kingdom of High Hermitage is literally an island." She laughed the herself, throwing her head back. Jaime rolled his eyes, sighing as he took another sip.

"I hear they have some sort of Free Folk here."

"What?!"

"Yeah, like some tribe or something. Lived here way before we even came from wherever the hell we came from. And they have some kind of pact with Louis, so I'm guessing it's all good." Jaime replied, looking at Cersei. She looked a little bit wary now, glancing behind to take a good look at the island before turning back, shuddering out a breath.

"Well, I guess you can't conquer them all."

"No, you can't." But when Cersei meant it to the free folk, Jaime meant it to someone else. A particular woman who loved to swim and was now playing with Myrcella. A particular woman that had a sparkle in her eyes that wasn't dulled by the politics and the trials and tribulations that involved being a royal. A particular woman who was one part ignorant and other part intelligent. A particular woman he didn't want to see chained down and forced to clip her wings.

"Jaime! We're going to go back now! First thing is that you have to change to your armor right after, then we're heading to dinner with the tribal people." Seven hells, he was just talking about them.

"Robert, you wouldn't know if they're dangerous-"

"I'm sure they're as friendly as you, Cersei!" He joked, laughing to himself as the Queen rolled her eyes. "They'll bring us no harm, I promise that." Jaime almost laughed at that joke, taking in the humour because of his sister's sourness and attitude to almost everything except her children, and of course her family. He looked back at her, thinking that the sunshine just made her all the more beautiful.

Now he could admit to himself that he was a pretty arrogant man, if not the most in Westeros. But looking at Flora made him feel warmer than it was, and brought such a childish smile to his face as he unashamedly watched her dry herself, looking out towards the bay. She suddenly turned back, catching Jaime stare at her. But he didn't look back from her smirk. Instead, he winked, making her blush instead. Jaime liked that, that he had control over people's emotions with just a single move in his face. He liked being in control. But what he was not so sure about, was if he was in control when it came to the budding relationship he had with Flora.

In truth, he wasn't sure about anything at all when it came to her.

-

Flora could see Cersei's terrified face as the fire dancers approached the crowd, scaring half the court. King Robert, on the other hand, had already past the average 2 bottles of wine and was persisting for her father to let him try it. They amazed everybody else, swallowing the dangerous material and spitting it back out, litter embers scattered across the sand. She watched their amazed faces as fire glittered their greedy eyes, lighting them up with something special.

Their dinner had been nothing short of a spectacle. Fruits of all kind surrounded their table as they opted to eat in the wilderness, among the tribal people that had invited them. It was already close to midnight, the moon high up in the sky and lighting up the small world that she lived in.

"You're looking so distracted this evening, Lady Flora." She rolled her eyes visibly at the golden knight, her heart hammering as he approached her. Flora wanted to get mad that he had chosen to only wear a dress shirt and normal, linen pants. She really didn't want him to notice her ogling as he instinctively stretched, the long lines of muscle on his back making her drool all over herself.

"What did I say about calling me a lady?"

"It doesn't feel right on my tongue to call you anything but a lady." He replied, taking a bite of the mango on her plate.

"I am really going to kill you if you call me that one more time." She tried hiding her smile, looking away from his face and back towards the dancers, who had now brought out knives to place in their throats.

"Oh, but are you really?" He jabbed again, chewing on the sweet fruit intently.

"Now I may have had little-to-no training-"

"I'm sure-"

"But I'm sure, under the right circumstances, you will yield to me." She stood abruptly, too scared to watch if the dancers would survive the weapons piercing their insides. Or maybe it's because Jaime was so close, and if he even moved an inch, Flora would lose all her self-control.

It was a bad thing he followed her, seeing her flurry through the palm trees, a rush of brown hair and tan skin. He almost got lost himself, barely hearing her bare feet against the sand as Jaime was too lost in teasing her. The whole thing about this place was magical. The warm nights, the good alcohol, the mesmerizing company. He felt tonight, it would be the night he wanted to let go. Of all bitterness with Cersei, his dislike towards Robert, his neverending tirade of ego and conceitedness. Maybe he would let go tonight. And maybe he would let go with her.

"Why are you following me?" Flora asked, trying not to let her voice crack as she backed into yet another solid tree. He didn't reply, only looking at the way her eyes followed his every move and the wind blew her hair a little. He only minded the way the alcohol from this place made him feel, the way she held a flower in her hair and acted like being the most beautiful person here was no big deal.

"Jaime-"

"Can I kiss you?" In his drunken state, he bluntly inquired, a small smile clinging onto his face.

"Don't maidens back in, I don't know, King's Landing have to reserve their first kiss to when they first get married?" She whispered. Flora stared into his green eyes that were watching her so attentively. She felt her heart beat fast, her hair stand up, shivers running down her skin. She was breathing heavily, trying to act calm and collected.

"You aren't like most maidens."

"Then kiss me." Jaime's eyebrows unwittingly went up, surprised at her answer.

"Kiss me, Jaime, I swear-"

Flora never got to finish that sentence.

-

how bout this for a month long hiatus and im sure yall wanna kill me @ this point SORRU AHHA

thanks for 900 reads erryone YEET

sophia