اثنين و عشرون

"And what are we to say to nasty harlots and preening women?" Cersei's voice was languid, tuttling to the little blond boy in front of her (he was currently trying to suck a strawberry but his infant teeth were falling out).

"That they're to be hanged, and don't deserve their lives." The statement, however disgusting and unimaginable, came from the angelic voice of Tommen, who was currently trying to find a single adult to play with in their lunch at the gardens, where most of King's Landing society wined and dined under the lambasting sun.

Flora watched the conversation from afar, her eyes wandering to the main table. There was nothing worse than a mother like Cersei; caring and doting as she may be, her children were going to be absolute wrecks when they grew into their blond sizes.

"What is the matter, dear flower?" She turned, smiling apologetically to Olenna. The latter was quirking an eyebrow, not daring to turn her head in the direction to where Cersei was; the Tyrell's were treading on deep, deep water with the Lannister's ever since there was a certain incident with her youngest grandson and a Lannister King's Guard.

"Nothing, really." Flora absentmindedly took to taking a walnut cake dusted with powdered abaca, smiling as Jaime joined the table. "What's the occasion for Your Grace to grace us with your presence?"

Jaime kissed the hand of Olenna, smiling mischievously as he dragged out a metal-wrung seat and sat on it, precariously close to Flora, their hands nearly touching. It would seem that their relationship was only mere whispers to the court, but had not yet reached the ears of Cersei and Robert (and if it has, it was not credible enough to be taken seriously, for Flora had taken great lengths to making sure that whatever corridor she would latch herself onto Jaime would be completely empty).

"Lovely afternoon to you both." He eyed the numerous pastries on the table, picking on a singular white cake slice and chewing on it, groaning at how delicious it was.

Olenna smiled as she looked between the two good-looking people; to a better eye, it was clearly obvious that they were in some sort of dalliance. "And why, might I ask, is the King's Guard not with the King?"

Flora chuffed, holding in a laugh before composing herself, settling her mouth back into an unreadable line. Jaime raised his eyebrows, finishing the rest of the delicacy before dusting his hands together, getting rid of the loose abaca that had gotten onto his fingers.

"King Robert's a little preoccupied as of the moment," He paused, reaching over for Flora's napkin (she pointedly look at him but he took a moment to drag the napkin and his hand over hers under the table, reassuring her), "so I thought it'd be nice to oversee the welfare of the other citizens of Westeros."

Olenna nodded as she shooed away Jaime with the wave of her hand, Flora joining her in picking up his heavy helmet and handing it to him, not forgetting the spark of electricity that wavered through her as their fingers touched. Jaime bowed imperceptibly to both of them, his smile never leaving his face.

"He's absolutely smitten with you, child." Olenna remarked after a moment, staring at the view of the sea behind Flora. "I wonder how Cersei's going to take that."

Flora was already prepared for this; overnight (in reality, a few days), she'd been trying to figure out just how exactly to carry herself. For this court of vipers and all sorts of predatory animals, so unlike the home she grew up in, impressions were everything. And she could not back down in the war of etiquette if Cersei had challenged her to it.

"Simple." Flora started, taking another almond pastry and slicing it in half, offering it to Olenna, who promptly received it. "I'd just play the same way everybody else does; like a bunch of fighting cocks all vying to rip each other's throats out."