ثمانية

"How long until we reach the top again?" Robert asked as sweat beaded down his skin, obviously tired from the long trek to the mountain.

"Just a few more minutes, My King." Flora replied, trying very hard not to smile. The whole of the royal court were breathing heavily, already feeling sick of all the fresh air and cool nights. Flora couldn't blame them though, their deceptive minds already used to the shit-filled water and humid air of their capital. But here, as they climbed the smallest mountain among the islands, she felt at her element. Cool air pricked at her skin as she continued to climb, closing her eyes in pure satisfaction. She only agreed to accompanying the ensemble because she loved Mount Oahu, and the beautiful view it gave.

She stopped by a nearby creek to wash her hands, coated with the damp trunk of the trees she held onto. Flora had advised that the people wear lighter clothes to prevent being slow, and they had followed, but some just continued on in their heavy silk dresses. The clear sound of rushing water calmed her, the sun slowly peaking in the trees. She could hear the birds chirping, the silent rustling of monkeys among the branches, observing what weird people were among them.

"Meditating, are you." Jaime's voice made her roll her eyes, Flora turning around. She could see he was doing fine, if not struggling to breath a little bit. He gave her one of his famous smirks, sitting on a mossy rock beside her.

"And what about the famous lion? Tired of bearing your paws?" She hit back, smiling as she looked beyond him, watching the trees move against the wind.

"I just need some water, I swear." He replied, sighing as he looked down at the creek.

"What of the King?"

"Obviously close to dying." She burst into laughter, throwing her head back as he laughed along with her.

"I'd imagine that he was a strong, lean man once."

"He was. Yet when he won the Iron Throne, the demise of royalty befell him, and Robert became what he is now." Jaime solemnly replied, crossing his arms and looking at Flora carefully.

"Is that what it does to people? Ruin them?" She whispered quietly now, afraid someone might hear them.

"Personally, I think it's all a big trap. Once you get on it, you'll never be able to get out unless you die or get children, but otherwise you're going to be stuck on that chair, and eventually go mad. It's all a big shamble of corruption and greed over there. Which is why I love this place." He blinked slowly as she faced him, a small smile on her face.

"Is that the only reason why you loved this place?" She was so like him in everything, in mannerisms to the way they spoke. He chuckled a little, slowly raising his hand to hold her jaw in it.

"Oh, whatever am I going to do without you." Jaime knew that he was joking, but there was a notion at the back of his mind that he wasn't, and there was something else in between them now aside from the physical attraction.

"You're obviously going to wither and die an old man without me by your side." She was trying to joke too, but Flora knew that there was something between them that was much more.

They both didn't know they were thinking the same thing, all caught up in the thought that the other didn't feel the same way, that one needed the other less. But that was wrong in a million ways, from the way Jaime relished in the look in her green eyes and how Flora loved being in his strong arms, the muscle underneath his tunic very, very apparent.

Both of them didn't want to think what would happen if they had to leave each other, to leave this paradise this place had created for them.

"Now you know that we can't do this right now, Flora. Littlefinger could be watching us, for all you know!" He quipped quickly, lightly pushing her away as she rose her eyebrows.