Dark makes a return

Once Wilford was done with his cheering, you had taken a seat on the swing again. He was still grinning like an idiot, his eyes bright in happiness. "You're so silly!" You giggled and he nodded playfully. "I know!" He responded quickly. You decided to tease him slightly. "But you're a cute silly." You said decisively, giggling as you saw his face turn cherry red. That was good payback considering that he enjoyed making you blush. He offered you a small smile and rolled his eyes. "Well if I'm 'cute', then your adorable." He retorted with a smile. You giggled and nodded in acceptance. "We should head back soon, I'm hungry." You said. He stood and offered his hand out to you, which you gladly took. He smiled and started walking, seeming happy to have you with him. You looked around, the sun sinking down as you both wandered back the way you had come. You looked back, jumping a bit when you saw the glint of eyes in the shadows. "Are you okay?" Wilford's voice pulled you from your thoughts as you realized you had stopped dead in your tracks. "Yeah... I'm fine." You said, almost to yourself. He looked doubtful, looking at you a moment more before tugging you along with him. "Okay.." He said in a suspicious tone. You knew he was right to doubt that you were being honest, as you knew as well that whatever was out there had spooked you. You felt certain that someone- no, something, was watching you two. And you wanted to tell Wilford. "Actually...I think someone's following us..." You had lowered your voice to a whisper, and almost immediately Wilford paused, his protective side taking over. I gestured with one hand to where the eyes had been, and his gaze followed. A light laugh filled the air, one you hadn't ever heard before. "Who goes there?" Wilford's voice boomed over the softness of the twilight. "Oh, I'm the one who's taking your girl." The voice giggled out as a tall male stepped out infront of you. He had a black mask on, and his hood covered his hair. Wilford gave him a look that practically screamed, "you're an idiot."
Despite the seriousness of the moment, you let out a small giggle. They both gave you a weird look, although Wilford offered a small smile.  "Hey, I'm still here." The other male coughed, making you wonder if he had ever "stole a girl" before. He looked powerful, that is, until Wilford puffed his chest out, his body showing lazed swagger. He was taller than the other male, and had a much better build. The male stopped before making a hasty escape. You struggled to hold back laughter at the fact that the male had run off so fast. 'What had he been thinking? He should have thought about what would happen if he ran up to a male bigger, and stronger than him.'Even Wilford's smile had grown a bit, and by the way his shoulders had straightened he was obviously proud. 'Silly..."

~*~*~*~*??? Pov*~*~*~*
I growled as the young male I had hired scampered away from Wilford. His name was.. John? Jack? No, his name was Jake. He ran back to me, looking at the ground instead of me. "Well you Fool, what excuse do you have about running away?" I snapped, irritated that the young female known as (Y/N) was once again escaping me. "I-I-" "Save it! I don't want to hear your voice!" I roared. Jake trembled and nodded. I cannot BELIEVE that Wilford thought he could keep (Y/N) away from me! How stupid was he? I would have her eventually....

~•~Wilford POV~•~
I smiled as (Y/N) giggled, happy I had made her smile. But on the inside, I was boiling with anger. 'Does he REALLY think I will let him have her?! She is MINE, not HIS!' I mentally cursed, reminding myself that (Y/N) was a free woman, not my possession. She smiled, linking her arm with mine. A small blush worked its way to my face, and I had to think for a moment. When was the last time I had actually cared about someone? I used to love a young woman named Lydia, (if that's your name, change it!!) but I caught her cheating on me.... I decided to talk to her, she called the Police because of my....hobby. 'Will (Y/N) still love me if I tell her what I've done...?' I'll talk to her another time.... I just want to get her home.