9| The Date

-Leona's P.O.V-

I looked myself in the mirror. I had a mint dress that had a lace design at the top with white heeled sandals. I wore a clear crystal necklace and a pearl bracelet. I then added a thin sweater for in case I got cold at night. I put on a light pink lipstick and eyeliner with silver on top and mascara.

 I put on a light pink lipstick and eyeliner with silver on top and mascara

It was date night and I was waiting for Josh. We were going out tonight for a fancy dinner. I told him 'Let's just go to play football' but, he just shook his head. I felt bad, I didn't want him to spend all his money on me. I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Come in!" I say giving myself a last look in the mirror. It was Josh. He was wearing a white collared shirt and black dress pants with Vans. Totally my style. I bite my lip.

"Wow.-" He breathed out, "you look, amazing." I blush. I look at my feet for comfort.

"Thanks." I breathe out. I hear his feet shuffle towards me. He places his hand under my chin and forces me to look at him. He looks into my eyes and so do I.

"Don't be shy. I never heard of Leona, ever, being shy." He chuckles. I giggle.

It's true. Once I was dared to Graffiti on a park bridge, it wasn't a small sign, I did a huge one. I written it in bubble letters the word said: E'ART'H. It had different signs on it to inspire. I always had a passion for Art, and Football.

"So shall we go? I'm starving!" I say. He gives me an award winning smile.

"That's the girl I know." He says giving me a hug. When the hug finally ended we walked out the door. I was happy with Josh around he was awesome.

Hopefully, he doesn't break my heart. If he does I'll make sure I break him! Every single bone! Before I do, I'll make sure his beloved car gets it, and he won't be able to do anything about it! Hahaha, I'm getting to carried away. I take a deep breath and clear those thoughts.

Then, I start to think about Caleb. I wonder what he's doing right now? He must be with another girl. Whatever, I don't care.

I take my phone out and play Pokémon Go, hoping that there's any Pokémon around or Pokéstops. Josh and I start talking about our childhood. I loved watching 'That's so Raven' and 'Kim Possible'.

We finally reached the place. It was a fancy restaurant. This is why I like Josh. He always knew how to make me happy. He also knew the key to my heart, food. I smile forms on my face.

"I kew you'd love it." He chuckles softly. I giggle. I look around and seen two people I always dreaded to see. I grab Josh and pull him towards the entrance. He was so confused so he asked a question, "What's wrong? Are you okay?". I nod my head.

I duck a little so they couldn't see me. Probably they won't. I had to come clean to him. "You remember Karla?" I ask him.

"The girl you were in the gang with? Yeah, why?" He replied. Before I told him why, a feminine voice spoke.

"Is that Leona? And... Joshua?" She said surprised. I replied to Joshua, "That's why." I said coldly.

"You know her?" A male voice then said. I rolled my eyes. No dip! I slowly turn around hoping that they were not really who I thought they were.

"Karla! Caleb! How are you guys?" I tried to say happily. Oh joy, note the sarcasm. I was faced with the ginger haired girl. She had tan skin. She was crazy, always did bad things, I was in a small gang with her once. We always would vandalized walls or steal from stores.

"We just came for a celebration. Caleb here joined the gang." My eyes widened. I looked at Josh and he had the same expression as me. "How come you haven't come to the meetings lately?" She asks.

"You already know. Oh, and what happened to you Caleb? You don't look like the person you looked like before." I say trying to change the subject. But, she wouldn't let it go. She smirked at that.

"No, I don't know. Why'd you leave the gang?" A ghost smile could be seen. I laughed. Those were the fun times.

"Almost got arrested. I have a police officer on my shoulders. Ya know, if I do anything bad they take me to Prison." I said crossing my arms and swinging to one side. Caleb just stood there dumbfounded. I just shrug.

"Good move. You don't want to expose the gang." She says. All I could say was: "Yeah, you guys are family." I say nudging her arm. She giggled.

"Come on babe, we have to go get our seats." Josh says. I nodded my head. Karla and Caleb both joined us.

This place was amazing! It has Leather chairs that were red with a table with a white cloth over it and a candle. It looked like the scene from 'Night Changes' where Zayn is singing to the Camera. Thinking about it, I miss Zayn's hair. Mentally shrugs.

The waiter takes us to our seats. I sit in front of Josh while Karla sits to me. Caleb starts to stare at me. I shift uncomfortably. I guess he noticed 'cause he looked away and looked at his hands instead. A smile forms on Josh's lips. His smile was so contagious, I just had to smile. I looked over his features. Beautiful Brown hair, Blue eyes, dang. He looked nice.

We ordered our drinks and food. I was extremely hungry. We started to make a conversation until something uncomfortable happened, Caleb spoke up.

"How come you didn't invite me to your birthday?" He asked. My smile dropped instantly. He was waiting for an answer. My eyes widened. My reply was easy: "I thought you'd be busy." I looked to Josh for comfort. Caleb let out a shy sigh.

"Busy doing what?" I felt more awkward. What was I going to say? That I stalk him? Well, I don't do that 'cause that would be weird. I noticed that I hadn't replied in a long time.

"Well, your sister tells me that you go to parties and have 'Sleepovers' with females at your house." I say making quotation signs around the word 'Sleepovers'. He chuckles softly. I give him a disgusted look. I roll my eyes and start a new conversation. "So hows the gang been?".

"Awesome! We've had 12 members join since you've left. We also started drug dealing." She nods her head. Her smile widens.

"You might not want the gang be too big ya know, so you don't get killed by other gangs." I say. Her smile changes into a smirk. "Just tryna help since I'm not allowed to do anything 'bad'" My stomach growled.

Just in time, the food came. We all got our food and all of dug in. Luckily we ate in a comfortable silence.

----------

Hello! Sorry for not posting in two weeks! I've been busy practicing. Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed please,

Vote,

Comment,

And Share!

-Diamond🦄