Letters (Fred Weasley)

This is my first one of this book so bear with me... I hope you enjoy!

You stood there, tears in your eyes, wondering the ultimate question of life: why?

Why was it that Death decided to claim him? Why was it that I was left with a broken promise and a broken heart? Why was it that he had to leave me?

You were kneeling. You didn't care about the new mud splotches that was forming on your white wedding dress from the terrifyingly beautiful storm of last night. All you cared about was what was in front of you. You set the bundle of letters on the white granite stone that read:

Here lies a brave Gryffindor
Fred Weasley
"I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good"

A stray tear rolled down your cheek as you looked at the empty plot of grass beside his grave. The empty plot looked eerie but hopeful as if waiting for George to say 'mischief managed'.

"Fred," you said out of the silence of the dusk. "It's been a month... Do you remember when we would exchange letters late at night to ease out wakefulness even though we were just across the halls of Hogwarts?

"After you died I continued to write you letters to keep my sorrows at bay. I thought today of all days would be the best time to deliver them... So here you go Fred... I guess it seems stupid, me writing letters to someone who's not going to respond nor see them... I guess that's why I stopped writing them after a few days. But the letters sat on my desk for weeks and weeks. And today, on our planned wedding day, I decided I needed to deliver them." Your voice broke.

"D-do you remember," you started to cry and you made no effort to conceal the tears. "You promised me we would get married after the war? And you said 'we can go where ever you want to go so we can escape to wake of the war.' And I responded with a kiss and said, 'I want to go where ever you are because where you are is where I'm the happiest.'

"But now you're gone and... I'm sorry. I'm sorry you jumped in front of that killing curse that was meant for me. I-I should have died. Fred... I miss you so much... Please don't leave me like this..."

May 3, 1998
Fred,
It's only been around 24 hours since you died. Your twin misses you loads and would not speak with anyone after the immediate hours you died. At first he would only glare at me as if I had killed you but soon those glares turned into glances of sadness. We eventually found comfort in each other but he still wouldn't speak.
Your mother won't leave her room. I wish I could do something to help her because she looks so empty and depressed without you. Your father has been working to help her and he's been staying strong but I know he's broken too.
Your younger brother and sister miss you too. They are in such shock, as am I.
I miss your humor. Your eyes and smile too. And the way your hair was untamed and never kept in order. When people say you and George look alike I smile and nod but I always knew how you were different from him. Every time I look at George I find myself deciphering the ways you and him are alike and different.
I stayed after all the students reunited with their parents and helped Professor McGonagall clean up and fix Hogwarts. I planted some red roses in the courtyard in your honor. Many other students and faculty stayed to help and Hogwarts almost looks good as new. We used magic of course...
I haven't left your room since I got back to the your family's house. I sit on your bed staring out the window wrapped up in the jumper your mother gave me. George sits across the room too, staring into space. Sometimes we sit together in a comfortable silence or tell each other memories about you. Neither of us have left the room. Your father brings us food but we hardly eat.
We miss you so much.
With love, (Y/n)

May 6, 1998
Fred,
I still haven't left your room.
I've grown to be fond of the smell of your sheets. I also am fond of the picture by your bedside of us. Do you remember it? It's a picture of us by the black lake. I'm laughing and you're laughing too. We had just pulled a prank on your brother, Ron and Harry. Harry's stalker, Colin, took the photo. That poor boy followed Harry everywhere... But I'm very thankful he took that photo because now it's here in your room reminding me of you. It reminds me of the fun times we had together.
I've lost track of time, it's very late at night. George is asleep. You know he snores, his snores remind me of you though. Your snores were always so calm and paced, but his are more loud and in an irregular pattern. It's as if he's always having a bad dream. Sometimes he'll wake up in the middle of the night crying and I'll sit by his bed until he falls asleep. We've really grown closer as friends.
Speaking of which, I've gotten scared to fall asleep because every time I close my eyes my dream is of you dying for me.
I still miss you.
With love, (Y/n)

May 8, 1998
Fred,
Is it comfortable? Heaven that is.
I hope you're having a wonderful time there. Maybe you're having fun pranking people up there too. I hope you say hi to everyone for me. Maybe you can see me. Maybe you're watching over me. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
Your mother has gotten better with time and so have I. I left your room today, I had to drag George with me, he didn't want to leave but we both knew it was for the best. Your mother left her room too. She even prepared supper for us
By the end of the night we were all sitting around the table laughing and retelling stories about you. We also talked about the other souls lost that night.
I felt a guilty I hadn't thought much about them as I have of you. It seems stupid, right? So many souls to mourn about that you feel guilty for mourning about one more than another. I think it's because I knew you more than someone else, for example, Remus. But still I miss them too.
The whole Weasley family was in yours and George's room looking through your things. We found an old box of abandoned pranks that has yet to be tested. I picked up this blue cylindrical package and it exploded black fog and a spring launched boxing glove punched me square in the nose.
I laughed.
We all laughed. It felt so good to laugh. I though that you've pranked us from beyond the grave. How dare you...
It was at that moment I realized maybe I could survive this without your soul by me because I realized you have always been right there with me... In my heart. Cheesy I know but it's true. And I hope you know that I'm always right there with you.
I miss you so, so, so much.
With love, (Y/n)

You placed a red rose on the grave stone. The thorn pricked your finger and a ruby red drop of blood started to soak into the paper of the envlopes. It soon started to rain. You knew your dress was ruined by now but you didn't care. All you cared about in this moment and at this time was your love for him.

"I love you, Fred."

How was my first one? I really enjoy writing these and I hope you enjoy reading them! Comment some requests you have!