That's Presumptuous of You (Remus Lupin)

Writing the marauders being rude was hard, even though I know it's kinda-sorta canon :/

Gender neutral pronouns and such. Sorry for not doing that sooner

-

Remus really wanted to make friends at Hogwarts, despite his once a month dilemma. He had packed his bags for Hogwarts and walked all the way to the platform, preparing himself to sit alone, expecting that nobody would want to hang out with him since making friends in his neighborhood had been such a challenge, so when he met James, Sirius, and Peter, he was beyond thrilled.

They were walking into the Great Hall for sorting. On the train, they all conversed about Hogwarts and what house they'd like to be in. Remus had read several books about it, but the other boys had many stories from their parents, which gave him a better feel for what to expect.

Quickly, he learned that Sirius and James would be the social, talkative ones, while Peter and himself liked to observe and would opt out of commenting on everything. The black haired boy was going on and on about the houses.

"Slytherin's a bastardly house," Sirius rolled his eyes while James nodded in agreement. "My parents want me to be in it, but it's awful and full of snakes. My relatives are in that house and so are the Malfoys and the L/Ns. Awful. All of them."

Remus listened to him. Of course he had heard of Slytherin being a darker house, but nothing of them being evil or bad of those sorts. However, Sirius and James seemed to be sure of that, and he found himself hoping he wouldn't get sorted into that house in fear he'd lose his newly made friends.

As if his hopes had been answered, all four of them were sorted into Gryffindor. He was happily accepting all the congratulations from the older housemates, when he heard Y/N L/N being called up. Remembering the last name from when Sirius had mentioned it earlier, he turned to watch you be sorted.

You walked up to the stool with cloaked nervousness. Your mum was sure you would be sorted into Slytherin like your family, and you wanted to make her proud.

Please Slytherin, you crossed your fingers and awaited the hat's decision.

Sirius nudged Remus, "watch."

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat yelled.

"See," Sirius said. "Their whole stuck up family has been in Slytherin, and now she is too."

Remus shrugged and watched as she sat down at the far table near a very, very blond boy, already becoming acquainted with everyone.

-

You were absolutely furious. You grabbed Severus' arm and started wiping red and gold dust and a mysterious slime off of his robes. You spun around to face the people laughing. At the head of it was the self-proclaimed "marauders."

"How dare you!" You were this close to slapping someone.

"Oh c'mon, L/N, it was only a prank," Potter chuckled.

You balled your fists at your sides. Normally, you were a calm person. You usually stayed out of Lucius and Severus and Black's quarrel. You were the man behind the curtain. You were always there to clean up the mess and undo the hexes when the marauders bothered them. But this was different. You were tired of those prideful boys bullying your friends.

"Why you little—"

"Y/N," Severus warned.

"No, I'm standing up. These awful boys keep tormenting you for four years now and that's not fair." You directed your attention back towards the four. "You are a loathsome little crap face. And you're absolutely terrible for taking out your own problems and insecurities on other people. You should find better friends than these two gits, Lupin, Pettigrew."