Chapter 7 - Summer Time

(Sollux's Pov)

(Y/n) has been here for a few months now and summer is hitting us hard. I sit on the couch with my shirt off and only in my boxers with a very large fan blowing onto my body. I guess (Y/n) feels worse then me since she's covered in fur. I look at (Y/n) and then wipe the sweat off my face. "It'th tho..fucking hot..why Ith thith planet tho hot (Y/n)?" (Y/n) looks at me, sprawled on the floor and slowly gets up. "Because the sun is closer here". I then get up from the couch and head to the kitchen to get some water for (Y/n) and I. I then come back and give (Y/n) the glass of water and she wasted no time to drink that. I took a sip of my water and set it down on the coffee table. I then think for a bit until a idea came to my mind. "Oh! how about we go thimming at the beach?" (Y/n) bounced up and nodded happily. I then got up to get on some shorts and a t-shirt on and grabbed my wallet. (Y/n) was already dressed, I grabbed my car keys and walked out my hive and into my car. "We need thome beach towelth and other beach thit". After and few minutes of driving we arrived at a store that sold beach stuff and swimming wear. I walked in with (Y/n) on my shoulders and we walked to the beach section. (Y/n) pointed at a (favorite color) towel and I grabbed myself a yellow one. I then walked over to the beach umbrellas and grabbed one that seemed in good shape. (Y/n) pointed at the swimsuits ad I blushed a mustard yellow. '(Y/n)..in a swimsuit..oh Gog' I thought to myself. I picked up the swimsuit (Y/n) pointed at and I picked some yellow and black swim trunks. I then noticed a original beach ball and decided to take that as well. I then placed everything on the counter and paid for the supplies and placed them in the trunk of my car. I then drove back to my hive to go pack (Y/n) and I some food. I finally got everything done and decided to go throw on my swim trunks and wait for (Y/n) to put on her swimsuit. (Y/n) finally came out in her swimsuit and I tried not to blush but failed. She was wearing a cute (bikini/one piece) with two white bows at the side of her bottoms and her swimsuit was (favorite color) with (second favorite color) stripes. "You..uh ready to go". She nodded and (Y/n) and I walked to my car and drove to the beach. We made it to the beach and there was a lot of trolls there and another side with a lot of Aprellians. I of course broke the rules and took (Y/n) to the troll side anyway. I laid the extra beach towel down in a empty spot and set the cooler down on the towel and set the umbrella up. I put on some sun screen and I grabbed the beach ball and watched (Y/n) follow me to the shore. I stopped in the swallow part of the ocean since (Y/n) is kinda small and rolled the beach ball to her. She grabbed the beach ball, but instead of rolling it she threw it back to me. "Throw it, I can catch it Sollux". I nodded and threw the beach ball to her.

(Reader's Pov)

Sollux and I kept tossing each other the beach ball before we got bored and he went to the car to put it away. Sollux came back and I followed him back into the water. I decided to splash Sollux with some water and he splashed back. We both were laughing while splashing each other and having a good time, I decided to dig my hands into the wet sand and pull out sand crabs. I showed Sollux and he smiled at me and did the same pulling out sand crabs, we set the crabs down and watched them dig back into the ground. After a few minutes of playing with sand crabs I had an idea on what to do. "Sollux lets make sand sculptures. Sollux looked at me slightly and nodded slowly unsure to what to make. I then started clumping sand together and making small details into the sculpture, I then finished my sculpture and showed Sollux. "What'th that?" Sollux said. "It's you". Sollux chuckled slightly looking at the pile of wet sand and horns on them. I then looked at Sollux's sculpture and of course it was a bee. I then watched the water sweep the sculptures away and walked back to our resting spot. I opened the cooler and pulled out the sandwich Sollux made for me and started to eat it. Sollux then came and grabbed his sandwich out the cooler and ate his. I finished my sandwich and grabbed a (favorite drink) and opened it to clench my thirst. I then looked at Sollux and gave him a hug. He patted my head and hugged me back. "Thanks for taking me to the beach". He picked me up and nuzzled my face. "No problem". I then let go of Sollux and decided that we should go home since it was almost night. Sollux packed up all the stuff we brought and placed them in the trunk. He then drove us to his hive and we decided to take a shower. After we got freshened up, Sollux sat on the bed and I climbed onto his chest. Sollux looked at me slightly and caressed my cheek with his hand. I nuzzled into his hand and he began to tug on my ears, I grabbed his wrist and glared at him and he let go of my ears. Sollux then sighed and shifted on the bed due to the humidity in his room. "I need to buy an air conditioner" Sollux said looking at me then continuing to pet my hair. I jumped off the bed and tugged on Sollux's hand to follow me. Sollux got up from the bed and followed behind me. I then rapidly patted the couch for him to sit down and went to the pile of movies and picked a movie. Sollux then turned on the fan in the living room and I waited for him to sit back down. He finally sat back down and I climbed onto his lap and watched the movie with Sollux. After a hour later Sollux then grabbed me from his lap and walked back to his bed room. He flopped onto the bed and sighed slighly. I looked at Sollux and started to blush. "S-Sollux, may I show you something?" He then sat up onto his elbows and nodded. I then grabbed Sollux's face and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Thanks for everything.." I then went under the covers to hide myself, I peeked out the covers to see Sollux with a huge mustard yellow blush planted on his face. Sollux lifted the covers and stared at me still blushing. "Why are you hiding, I liked it". I then smiled at Sollux then closed my eyes to fall into a deep sleep.