■ Chapter Six ■

■ Chapter Six ■

▪ Vegeta's Decision ▪

Goku grinned and didn't dare break his gaze off of Vegeta's eyes. He was excited to hear Vegeta's decision. He made sure to take note of Vegeta's expressions as he was thinking. Goku was hoping that it would help him guess to what he would choose as his answer. This was a really tough decision that Vegeta was about to make. It was life changing. However, it was meant to be like that. Goku thought that Vegeta needed a life changing choice to make his life interesting once again.

It was obvious as hell that Vegeta was not happy with Bulma. Who in the hell would be happy with her anyways? She's just like Chi-Chi in some ways. Vegeta needed someone who would let him explore and have fun. He was a Saiyan after all. They couldn't be kept from doing what they wanted to do. Fighting was in their blood.

Though, it would be understandable if Goku received a 'no' as an answer. Vegeta had his son Trunks, and Trunks was everything to him despite the lack of attention he gives the child. Trunks was his only connection to his Saiyan blood and having that connection was everything to him. Vegeta was the Saiyan Prince, after all. Blood was everything.

Would he risk losing that connection with his son?

So much was going through both of their minds, but both of them were already set on the decision they wished to make.

Goku gulped and grinned widely, "Well, if you made your decision, then let it out." Goku said.

Vegeta sighed heavily and opened his mouth to speak. Was this really what he wanted? All sorts of questions were going through his head. He was worried out of his mind. He was worried he would lose Trunks. Vegeta clicked his tongue, as he himself acknowledged the fact that he was worrying over his child. He was never the one to worry over anyone. This was a new feeling for him, and he did not enjoy it all too much.

'Am I really worrying over that Saiyan mutt?' Vegeta asked himself, 'That child knows nothing of his bloodline, yet I worry about him as if he were my own heart.' He was at a loss. He clicked his tongue and clenched his fists together tightly. 'Damn that child...'

"Vegeta?"

Vegeta snapped out his thoughts and grimaced, "What now, you idiot?" He spat.

"Nothing new. I'm still waiting for your response, that's all." Goku replied.

Vegeta grunted, "So it seems."

"Well... do you know your answer?" Goku pestered on.

"Yes, you buffoon! Now stop pestering me!" He shouted, annoyance laced in his words.

Vegeta gulped. He cast his gaze downwards. Right now wasn't the moment he wanted to show that he was indeed unsure of what to pick. His heart and mind has completely different opinions on which to choose. What was he going to listen to?

"'Geta?"

Vegeta's eyes widened he looked back up at Goku, the clouds in his mind that stopped him from thinking properly vanished from sight. Goku smiled down at Vegeta. His smile was reassuring and so kind. It was almost like a warm embrace begging for him to come closer. Vegeta clicked his tongue.

"I'll be okay. Just do what you think is best, okay?" Goku mumbled.

Vegeta's eyes widened. It would be okay? He was wondering if that was even possible. How would things be okay if he had the chance of losing his son to that crazed woman he had called his wife to this day? Normally Vegeta wouldn't take Goku's words to heart, but for some odd reason, Vegeta felt like the idiot was right for once. Everything was going to be okay no matter what he chose to do. Now he just needed to make up his mind and choose.

Vegeta sighed and looked down at the ground. He took a deep breath and looked Goku straight in the eye. "I have decided." He said.

Goku grinned, happiness filling him to the brim. This was going way better then he had anticipated. He nodded, telling Vegeta to go on.

"How do I...'divorce' from that woman?"

Goku grinned madly.

"Come with me."

~*~

Vegeta was following Goku with a grimace on his face. Hell, he didn't want to be following Goku, but really he didn't want Goku to be the one taking charge of this; however, Goku was the one who actually knew about this so called 'divorce'. Vegeta grumbled under his breath and eyed Goku, noticing that Goku looked merrier than ever before; merrier than he had been when he was with Chi-Chi. He raised an eyebrow at this, but decided not to question the buffoon. Goku was odd, after all.

As Goku led Vegeta around the town, he bit his lip in fear that this wouldn't work out in the end. Goku knew that after Vegeta completed his divorce from Bulma, that he would finally have a chance to get at Vegeta for himself. This was his chance to finally show Vegeta how Goku really felt about him; how Goku had felt for a bit now.

Goku furrowed his eyebrows together and searched around, his newest scanning for the house he knew he should be going to. House after house and street after street was the only way Goku could think of doing this. He had a gut feeling that he was close by, but Goku couldn't put his finger on the house he was looking for. He did his best to remember how Chi-Chi had described it to him all that time ago. Goku sighed, 'Come on, you small brain of mine. Work with me this time!'

As Goku seemed to stress over the situation, Vegeta, on the other hand, was watching Goku's face contort between each emotion he was going through. Vegeta smirked. 'This idiot really is letting this get to him.' He pondered. Vegeta frowned ever so lightly, 'Does this mean that he really does wish to help me divorce from that woman of mine?' Vegeta shut his eyes and shook his head. 'No, this idiot is always doing what he feels is morally right. That's what he's known for... his shear kindness that caused him trouble.'

Goku really was a mystery. No one was as kind as him naturally. It was just...odd. Vegeta shivered. Kindness itself was an odd word to him. After all, he was the Saiyan Prince. Kindness was not a trait of his. He preferred to be blunt and as rude as possible. It was an attitude that showed his dominance and power as the Saiyan Prince. Vegeta smirked cockily at the thought of how powerful he must seem to the measly humans on this planet.

Goku tugging at his hand brought Vegeta out of his thoughts. Vegeta blinked and raised an eyebrow, shooting a quick glare over at Goku.

"What is it?" He seethed out.

Goku grinned. "I found the place. We're here!" He stated, enthusiasm laced in his voice.

Vegeta's heart skipped a beat. He took a deep breath and swallowed.

"W-Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get this over with quickly. I don't have much time." Vegeta stated.

Goku grinned even wider, "Alright."