Escape The Redcoats

Diana's P.O.V

I woke up on soft grass and looked up to see the massive standing stone in front of me. I probably fainted, had a panic attack or something. Getting up I dusted myself off and decided to head back to Layna and the stables hoping that nightmare galloped back to her uninjured.

The buzzing has stopped and I made my way past the circle of stones. I felt breathless and tired by the time I reached the forest which turned out to be closer than I remembered . The grass was so much greener and muddy which made me smile but I still remained confused to why the scenery had changed in such a short while to a one much healthier looking. The air caught my attention too smelling differently , it carried the scent of blood and smoke .

Not letting my guard down I gathered alot of small but sharp stones. Ripping the bottom of my t shirt I tied together two sticks into a shape of a catapult. I attached the bobbin to my catapult sticks. That should be good enough for when I have to shoot someone from a long distance . If a stone hit hard enough and in the right spot it would send the person into a deep sleep for a couple of hours. I know everything about pressure points which is a great asset knowing where to attack and knock a person out in a second.

I walked deeper into the forest. Too lazy to take the longer route , I walked through a shallow river thankfully I had my horseriding boots on because the ground was wet and the boots didn't allow the water to get in. I always hated the feeling of soggy socks... Ughh even thinking about it makes me ga-

A bullet nearly missed my head and hit the tree behind me making my eyes bulge out of my sockets. Taking a quick look at the poor defenceless tree I turned around to a gun held against my forehead by a tall man looking around twenty years old wearing a skirt ?

"What ye doing here  lass." He asked me with his deep , gravely  voice making me stop and look at him. I tried to avoid breathing in his bad breath , it raked of whiskey. I love whiskey but the guy didn't seem to be the kind that brushed his teeth.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I asked getting angry because the b*tch nearly shot me. It doesn't seem like they're filming a movie because in movies actors DO NOT try to kill eachother.

"I don't ken lass. Am the one hold'n a gun to yer head." He said with a smirk reminding me that I was being held at gun point .

Angrily I sighed and kicked him in the balls he cursed in pain stumbling back.  I continued by twisting his hand . In feeble seconds I managed to knock the gun out of  his palm  . This time I had the upper hand holding the deadly machine to his head . His pain subsided and he stood up straight looking at me with shock written all over his face.

"Now who's holding a gun to who's head." I said dangerously calm mocking him. Gritting my teeth I stopped myself from killing him. I pushed it against his temple .

"Why did you try and shoot me." I asked impatiently.

"I tried te scare ye lass I wud never have killed ye." He answered truthfully with no fear which I admired him for. Most people would be shaking especially the ones who know me and my ways.

"Who are you?" I asked more roughly pressing the gun against  his warm flesh .

"Am Connor Mckenzie from the Mckenzie clan." He said proudly looking me in the eyes. one word caught my attention and it was "clan"... Didnt clans exist before the British took over Scotland which was nearly three centuries ago? I mean I know there are some clans that exist in the modern times but something just doesn't make sense .

"Clan." I said to myself trying to make sense out of it. I know about clans. He looks like a man from the Seventeen hundreds but he mentioned clans too , Is it possible.

"Aye clan." Connor said hearing me and looking at me weirdly.

"What year is it?" I asked hiding the gun in my jodhpurs and leaving the fool alive.

"1743." And that's what made me freeze.. It's 1743.... It's can't be.... Can it?

"1743?" I nearly shreaked dumbfounded and weirded out by the information I received.

"Aye lass, why ye so pale all of a sudden?" Connor asked and I could see he looked worried.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks." I said the last word cautiously.

"Here I'll take ye to the camp, ye look famished lass. Yer closed are thin and ripped , we don't want ye getting sick now " Connor said holding out his calloused hand which I ignored. 

"It's Diana, and lead the way." I crossed my arms to which he laughed and started walking . The tension and silence between us was palpable .

"Duck!" Connor said out of nowhere pushing me down . I glared at him almost face planting the ground .

"What's wrong you imbecile!!" I shouted to which he reacted , covering my mouth with his dirty hands and pointing towards a party of Redcoats marching along the trail before us . I stayed quiet for his sake only .

"They're gone." He informed me.. Well no shit sherlock. Standing up we were about to walk forward when someone shouted.

"The Scottish sir!!!" I looked at the source of the very British accent and was welcomed with a Redcoat alarming everybody. As soon as they saw us we ran away . bullets soared through the air , all of them aimed at our fleeting figures . I knew we wouldn't be able to outrun them all especially the one on a horse so all we could do was fight . Surely I would've been just fine if they found me without a Scott by my side .

"Lass run the way we were bout ta walk and don't stop until ye reach the camp!" That stupid idiot shouted. I ignored his command.

"Won't leave you to get killed , sorry but I'm staying to kick their arses , they shot at me !" I shouted . I took out Connors gun and shot two of them down gaining everybody's attention. I kept my finger on the trigger and picked up one of the flintlocks that fell from the grasp of one of my victims .

"You's better leave us alone unless 6 feet underground is your current destination!" I shouted at eight other Redcoats . They were alive and breathing , for now at least .

"Miss we do not want to harm you." The redcoat on the horse said with a smirk . He's probably the one in charge. Taking slow and weary steps I walked up to him . His darkened eyes swept over my whole entire being , from my toes to the top of my head .

" You wouldn't shoot someone like me , do you even know who I a-"

His sentence was cut short . Unfortunately it wasn't my doing .

Picking up the mans body I used it like a shield and shot down everyone apart from Connor and myself . He took a dagger and finished each one of them off. It might seem cruel but their cries were like music to my ears. I let the man's body fall and looked at Connor.

" This is not good . " He gulped .

" Nobody's going to know it was us . There's no survivors " I inched closer to him , putting my hand on his shoulder .

"I think we should go to your camp." I reminded him after seconds of pure silence . He agreed and walked forward I just rolled my eyes and got up on the horse trailing after him. I think the sound of hooves caught his attention because he turned around. A combination of worry and guilt swirled in his eyes. 

"Get on! how far is the camp?" I asked. Connor mounted the horse behind me and I let him take the reigns to lead us.

" Not far. " Connor answered flatly . I rested my head back on his chest and closed my eyes. He didn't say anything so tired and cold  I took that as a chance to use him as my personal pillow .