Just like you

Diana's P.O.V

I woke up and looked outside. It was still really dark yet I couldn't fall back asleep. The fire was still burning it's flames dancing making me stare at them for a while .

Getting off the bed I walked over to a chair near the mirror to inspect what was lying on it. Thrown over the chair was a dress, shirt a corset and some other clothes I was to figure out how to put on and figure out where to put them on. I felt like an idiot. I wasn't a fan of dresses and there wasn't any knickers. ..... No knickers....oh God.

It took me a good while to figure out how to put everything on in its rightful place. I brushed out my hair that without my conditioner became less shiny and more curly towards the end.

Feeling a bit , windy , under my skirt I decided that I really needed to find my knickers. Don't think the Laird would mind if I explored the castle a bit. I put on my horseriding boots that were sitting in the corner of the room and walked out of the bedroom. I wandered through the castle for a while. It was still dark by the time I came upon an old lady sitting on a stool in the kitchen alone chopping vegetables. She looked short with nice warm brown eyes and some wrinkles. She looked about Fifty three or less much like a granny and her greying blonde hair falling out from under the small white cap proved it.

"Sorry Mrs." I said gaining her attention. She looked up confused. Standing up from her stool she walked over to me and put both of her hands on her hips.

"Never seen ye here before.." The woman said with a stern look on her face.

"I came here with Connor... He found me along the way to castle leoch." I explained softly. She started to believe me.

"Alri what are ye doing wandering around the castle before sunrise?" She asked sitting back on her stool and continuing to chop vegetables.

"Id like to know where my clothes are. The original ones i came with." I answered and she stopped chopping vegetables looking like she was thinking.

"Ahh! Yes i remember one of the maids, meadbh her name is washed some weird looking clothes... Atleast that's what she was saying." The woman laughed.

"You can call me Mrs.Fitz and ye will find yer clothes in the storage room I'll take Ye there after i finish with these." She gestured towards the vegetables. Mrs.Fitz looked like a nice and reasonable woman.

"I'll help you." I smiled and she smiled back handing me a knife. We started working and talking about our lives. I said a few things but mostly listened to her . She spoke of her youth , husband , children and her favorite dog Ailen . She told me she had a niece and loved working in the castle.

"Alrite were done." She said standing up and picking up her skirt. She looked down , shocked.

"And what happen to yer dress??" She asked and I looked down myself letting out a subtle giggle . She looked at me like I was crazy.

"I adjusted it slightly . It annoyed me and I couldn't walk freely." I answered calming down.

"Well then we'll go and get ye dresses that are specifically tailored to your .. taste . They'll be properly done not looking like someone ripped them." Mrs. Fitz said looking at me disapprovingly. I carefully cut the front of the dress so that it reached the top of my boots . I didn't want the material dragging along the ground and me tripping over it .

"Okay let's go." She said walking out of the kitchen and I followed. It turned out the storage room was close to the kitchen. We walked down a corridor and made a turn to the left. A door on the right led to the storage room.

I opened the door and walked in after thanking Mrs.Fitz. It took me a while but I did find my knickers which were clean thanks to Meadbh. I put them on and felt more comfortable.

"Mrs.Fitz!" a female voice shouted from outside the door. I walked out and looked at a very familiar woman with curly hair and bright blue eyes. She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm Mistress Beachump and who might you be?" She asked with an accent similar to mine.

"Im Diana. I just came here. " I answered closing the door and not breaking my eye contact with my sister. I thought of telling her who I really am. But something stopped me. The thought of being rejected or laughed at stopped me.

"I should go and get some things off Mrs.Fitz. I'm a healer here. You can come with me and help, I'll show you around." Claire said turning around prepared to walk towards the kitchen.

"Yes I'd be greatful." I smiled and followed her. If that was anybody else I'd decline. I accepted her offer because I really want to get to know her and spend time with her. Everything was going great so far... Well apart from the fact that i was scared to tell her. Why am I scared to do it, I don't know.

"Mrs.Fitz I need some clean cloths!" Claire said walking up to Mrs.Fitz that was still working in the kitchen. Her facial features softened when she saw Claire. And when she looked at me a smile appeared on her face.

"Ah! I see you met Diana!" Mrs.Fitz said walking to the other side of the big stone kitchen.

"Yes we came across eachother in the corridor. I'm about to show her around." Claire said returning a smile and taking the cloths off Mrs. Fitz.

"Its funny Claire because they have found her in the same circumstances they found ye and her close to Craigh na dun!" Mrs.Fitz almost shouted as we were walking out of the kitchen. I could see Claire's smile turn into a frown.

"Bye Mrs.Fitz!" I shouted following Claires lead. We walked to the front of the castle and down to what seemed to be a basement. It was full of different kind of remedies and what I can guess medical equipment that did not look safe at all.

"So what were you doing at Craigh na dun?" Claire asked boiling some water and adding plants into it.

"Went through the stones.... Just like you." Her pale face , if that's even possible , paled even more . It was almost the colour of snow .

" How did you know ? " She asked .

"You were all over the newspaper Claire Randall . In fact I came here to search for you . " I answered crossing my arms. Claire turned to look at me , happiness flourishing in her eyes .

"Well... You can call me Claire then." She sounded quite excited and relieved. Maybe because she found someone like herself. Seeing that she's not a

"I'm Diana." I smiled and held my hand out for her to shake it . She slipped her palm into mine and with gleaming eyes that screamed ' tell me more ' she let go . I stayed silent shaking my head to the doorway . I could hear rustling and as soon as I pointed it out she placed her lips into a straight line .

"So are you any good in healing. You can help me and I can help you. " She said to which I frowned I hated being offered help , but , for my sister I can make an exception . Helping her means spending some time with her so why not. I was good enough in surgery like stitching wounds. Usually when I carried out some of my ' jobs ' I had to work fast and if I got shot I had to recover fast. I usually took care of any wounds inflicted upon me in seconds.

"Well apart from inflicting wounds I was also good with stitching them up." I shrugged and she looked at me weirdly.

"What do you mean you inflicted wounds?" She asked curiously.

"I worked in a gang." I answered shrugging my shoulders.