Homesickness?

Diana's P.O.V

"your a criminal."  Claire said to me disgusted.

"Yeah i am a criminal.. Or I'm meant to be a criminal in a far far future.. You know what I still can't fully believe I'm in the 17 hundreds."  I said putting on a goofy smile that earned me a scoff from Claire.

"You're still a criminal.  !"  Claire tosses the cloth she was cleaning the table with back into the boiling water. She's scolding me .

" Listen here sweetheart , I know so much about you . Yes your parents died when you were young . Yes that's very bad but a kind man , your uncle , took you in . You travelled the world with him . You didn't have to care about feeding yourself or having a place to sleep . The person that took care of you was a good man who earned good and legal money . He himself didn't have to face much trouble . Now compare this to me.  I was left alone , without any parents or relatives to take care of me . I'm pretty sure if I had some extended  family they didn't even know about me . So a man takes me in , he's a very bad man who does bad things . He's a man that would snap your neck if you went against him . That man showed me the love and care I needed . That man made sure I had a place to sleep , food to eat , water to drink.  I owe my life to that man and I love him very much . Prior to him I wandered the streets for years , stealing to stay alive . I helped that man , I killed men for him , bad men who gambled and sold off women as if they were slaves . They trapped them in cages , stripped them . Fucked and killed them . Within a business like that the only innocent ones that die are those girls.  I kill those men . I rid the world of these sick beasts . You look at me with disgust , you scold me as if I'm a child . Maybe yes I'm young but I guarantee I've been through more and seen more than you . " I snapped and looked up at dumbfounded Claire.

Everything stayed silent for a few minutes.  We just stared at eachother. She tried to figure me out and I could see it.

"I better go...  I have to find Mrs.Fitz....I'll come back here when i get back from town."  I said interrupting the silence. My sister nodded and I took two steps back .  Lately it seems I'm running away from my problems.  I turn around and walk up the steps and out of the  basement.

And there awaited another disaster.  I opened the wooden door and look at heavy breathing Connor.  His side was glued to the stone wall providing him support.  He was bleeding from his stomach and shoulder . His face was bruised and also covered in blood,  his  heavy breathing indicated that he was going to pass out any second. Upon hearing the door open he looked up at me . He didn't have to say a word his pleading eyes were all I needed to know to understand that he needed immediate help. Well that and the state he was in .

"I got you." I whispered catching him as his legs buckled from under him.  Putting his arm around my neck and my arm around his waist I used all my strength to carry him down to Claire.

"Claire we got a case of a very bloody and passed out man!!"  I shouted saying a few curse words under my breath finding it difficult to handle him. He was really heavy.

"Jesus H.Roosevelt Christ!"  Claire shouted helping me with Connor .  We carried him to the wooden table and layed him there.

"Diana bring me some alcohol and a few clean cloths.  They're in the  cauldron above the fireplace!"  Claire barked out orders cutting up his shirt which revealed deep and very nasty looking wounds.  I did what she told me to do in a flash.

"Now dip the needle into hot water then dip it in alcohol.  Dip the thread in alcohol too!"  She said cleaning away his wounds. 

I gave her the needle and  thread. Claire started to stitch the wounds up and I watched her do it.  When she finished the bleeding stopped.  I looked at it closely . She  reached out for a jar which contained  a green like substance  , like a cream.  When she opened it , a horrible smell something like shit filled the room. Her finger tips dipped into the jar and she began to gently rub it into his more shallow wounds.

"All done!  He should be awake in a few hours but someone has to watch him. I guess it's going to be me."  She said with a smile cleaning everything and putting things in their rightful places.

"I'll stay.  You can go since when I came down here with Connor you  looked like you were about to leave."  I said dragging a wooden chair closer to a sleeping Connor . I sat on it with both of my hands resting on my lap , joined together as if I was praying. 

"Its just a few children want to play catch and hide and seek out in the forest it's nothing big I can stay ."  She sounded convincing but I could see how much she was itching to go and play with those kids.  Who am I or Connor to stop her from some fun . God knows she needs it . I'd go mad having to sit in this stuffy basement for most of the day . 

"Go Claire."   I simply ordered putting my head back and gazing at the man infront of me.

"Okay.  Thanks Diana."  She said turning around and walking up the steps.  The sound of her footsteps echoed against the walls.

I got very bored really fast so being the nosy person I am I looked through all the shelves and jars. This place was full of remedies of course I expected that since she was a healer. 

I looked at Connor once again and took in his appearance . Something I didn't do even though he was with me for the past few days. 

He had  curly brown hair which was long yet didn't exactly reach his shoulders . It looked thick and soft . I  found it extremely cute really wanting to run my hands through it.  His jawline was sharp and visible while his dark brown beard was cleanly cut. His lips were a bit plump making me stare at them for a while .  His eyelashes were thick and if he opened his eyes i would be greated with the lightest shade of blue, almost gray.

I didn't even realise I inched closer to him.  I really wanted to have any kind of physical contact with him.  My mind was going crazy stirring up unknown emotions.

And just as my wall was down I built it back up.  He was to be married to another woman and we do not belong together.  We simply don't.  I can't be attracted to someone like that because they will end up hurt. I walked back to the chair and took a seat putting on my cold hard facial expression. He cannot know I care.  He can never find out that I care or else I'll be doomed.  I'll be a subject of amusement and embaressment. 

I closed my eyes for a minute and imagined my stables , my horse farm back home in England.  I remembered every one of those horses.  I loved all of them equally I loved tending to them.  Teaching them ,  riding through the southern countryside .  Jumping crazy obstacles and galloping bareback during summer. That made me relax but also made me feel a bit home sick.  I needed to go back to my time and i needed to do that soon.

I was simply homesick .