Just Great

Diana's P.O.V

I finally arrived at the basement where Claire waited for me packing stuff into a small woven basket.

"So whats the plan? " I asked making her turn around and sigh in relief when she saw my face.

"Today all the men from the Mackenzie land, all the warriors will be at a ceremony here in Castle Leoch which will make it easy for us to sneak out.  I will take care of my two shadows and then meet you near the north entrance of the castle.  Take a weapon with you incase you stumble upon someone. "She explained covering the basket with a cloth and leaving it on the table.

"This food will last us for a while. Now I have to go. " Claire picked up her dress and walked away up the stairs and out of the basement.

"Handy. " I said to myself starting to walk to Connor's room.  I found out that unlike others he keeps his weapons all hidden there under his bed.  Don't think he will mind if I borrow some, insert smirk there. You probably wonder why I won't just take a knife.... Well I like swords better but I will have a small dagger hidden  in case. I guess I will have to get rid of my two shadows too.... Broden and Connor. They thought I didn't realise that atleast one of them is stalking me for half a day and the other for the other half of the day. Well they will be at the ceremony anyway thinking I'm going to come so I have to be fast.

I opened the big wooden doors and there was Connor standing tall and proud dressed for the ceremony.

"Diana. " He said coming up to me and pecking my lips. 

"How do I look? " He asked happily stepping back and looking like a giddy kid needing approval.  He did look handsome though , all cleaned up.

"Handsome. " I answered fixing his badge.  He just stared down at me lovingly and smiled.

"Your definately coming to the ceremony? " He asked and I nodded lying down on the bed.  Connor layed down too with a clatter of his dagger and cuddled up to me. I was probably enjoying his warmth for the last time. A tear slid down my cheeks and I hid my face in shame.  The poor man will be broken when he realises his soon to be wife ran away.  Will he blame himself even though he shouldn't.

"You have to go. " I said looking up at him and he smiled... So so clueless.

"Yeah I guess so. " Connor got up from the bed and opened the door.

"See you there. " He said walking off to the grand Hall.

As soon as the sound of his footsteps was not heard anymore I jumped off the bed and took out one of the swords and two daggers. Picking up one of his belts I made it as tight as I could on my tiny waist and put the sword in its rightful place.  The two daggers were simply hidden under my sleeves ... I might have hidden another one in my boot, what can I say it called to me. 

Taking a fast look in the mirror I took one of my cloaks with a hood and draped it over me making sure to put up the hood so no one recognised my face. Lastly I made sure I had my necklace I always wore since I got it on my twelfth birthday from Robert.  I miss him so much he was a father figure to me. I'm still planning to get back to him as fast as I can.

Stalking through the corridors I kept my hand on the sword incase I came upon someone. The hood covered my face enough casting a shadow upon it so I could still see clearly.  The music in the grand Hall beamed it's way through the whole castle and no one seemed to wander away from it. That's what I thought until chihuahua came into view.

"Aye laddie what are ya doing here. " He asked I could see his hand itching to take out the sword coming up to me with his drunken wobbly steps.

I didn't dare to speak a word he could not know who I was he would probably recognise me by my voice.

"Lift the hood will ya! " He shouted his voice echoing off the walls.  No  one raises their voice at me and I mean no one.

When he was close enough I slipped out my dagger and whacked him in the head with its handle so hard the  boy collapsed knocked out.  I bet he won't even remember our encounter.

There wasn't much time left and I didn't want to slow us down so I quickened my pace and finally reached our meeting spot where heavy breathing Claire stood.  Beside her lay a body of  Dougal Mackenzie himself with bits of wooden chair or what was left of it on top of him. I didn't even question her but gave her a reassuring nod and with that we were off into the night trying to reach the stables and take a hold of two horses my Bear and Brimstone.

The guilt and sadness of leaving Connor kept nagging me and I tried to push it away as hard as I could. I did fall in love with that boy and now I have to forget about him.  I have to keep Claire safe.

"Were here. " Claire's whisper caught  my attention as we entered the stables, I could see Bear and Brimstone at the very end.  What caught my attention too was a lump of hay laying on the ground..... Weird and suspicious. 

We walked on and Claire tripped over something falling to the ground on her back and not a second later I heard a dagger grazing it's cover which was taking out in a hurry with its metallic sound.  I didn't even think but took action pointing the sword to the man's neck while he held a dagger to Claire's neck.

"Claire? " A very familiar voice asked.

"Get off my sister. " I said dangerously as the man felt my sword prick his skin. He gently put away the dagger and stood up cautiously showing me that he's no danger. I hope they didn't catch the end of my sentence.

"Jamie? " I asked putting  down the sword.

"Diana? " He said.

"Jamie" Claire said.

"Bear. " I added since everybody's saying eachother names. Bear answers with a happy and excited  neigh and I smiled proudly. Jamie just looked between us all confused.

"And where were yas going one with food other with a sword looking like yas were gonna set out on a journey stealing horses. " He asked saying exactly what were going to do.

"We need to go. " Claire snapped all shaken up and in a hurry while I just leaned against the wall putting the sword in its place and crossing my arms waiting for the argument to unravel.

"Sorry to say but theres not a chance laird  Mackenzie but up extra guards so even if ye knew their patterns there would be no chance of escape. " Jamie shook his head a bit of hurt visible in his eyes as he looked at Claire.  This caught my attention making my eyebrows scrunch up.... Does he have the hots for my sister?

"Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ." Claire whined while Jamie just shrugged his shoulders.

At that moment....

Very serious moment...

All I could do...

Was laugh.....

"Just great." I chocked out  in between laughs trying to catch my breathe.