Chapter 16

Lauren's POV

She is absorbed in her book. Her legs are intertwined with mine. Camila passes the pages slowly, stopping to taste each word and grinning every once in a while. She's looks adorable when she reads.

"I don't like it." Camila closes the book abruptly.

"Why, baby?" I put my book aside as well. The narration is magnificent and truly enjoy reading it. However, admiring Camila's natural beauty is something I will never reject.

"It has a sad ending." She complains with a cute pout. There is nothing I rather do than this. Lay down with Camila by my side and Miami's warm weather.

"Not all endings are happy." I reply. "Some are and some aren't. That's just how life works. I personally prefer the happy ones as well, love."

"If it isn't real at least things would have to work out successfully." She draws pattern in my arm with her fingertips. "I mean, I already know life sucks and all that crap but that is exactly why I'm reading to disconnect myself from reality." Camila tickles me, stealing a laugh from my mouth. "It should end nicely."

"Seen that way I..." Camila doesn't let me speak.

"Happy endings don't exist." She states and sits up. Her expression changes drastically.

Camila's POV

I got bored of that stupid book. The protagonist had spent 400 pages fighting for a girl who at the end decided she was better off alone. Unwilling to risk her heart. Lauren didn't seem to agree with my resolution but I didn't ask for her opinion.

"What did you do yesterday?" I change the subject.

"Not much."  She replies after thinking about it. "I helped my mom with the Christmas' decorations.

"Do you remember last year, love?" She stares at me and nods melancholically.

A year ago our lives were completely different. Our relationship was unstable, explosive even. It was a secret and we were terrible at hiding it. Our management had us sank in threatens and fake relationships. We had forbidden seeing each other. I recalled all the tears dropped day and night, mostly night, when would feel alone so away from the girl I loved me.

"And do you remembered the night you found me wandering around the city? You were with Taylor and you told your family about us."

"You were crying in a porch." She answers indirectly. "We entered to a small coffeehouse. Tay wasn't expecting what happened." Lauren didn't have the touch to explain her our situation.

"I thought they were gonna kick me out." I confess.

"I was scared too, babe." She links our fingers and kisses me. Her lips are soft and her touch is breathtaking.

"I used to miss you even when I could see you daily." It's not the same just being able to look at her than being like this.

"I missed you like crazy during those holidays." She sighs resting my hand on the crock of her neck.

"Shoot." I tap the top of her nose.

"Did you keep in touch with Jake?" She asks too afraid of receiving an affirmative reply. I fucking hate that insecure attitude of hers.

"I talked with him a month ago." She says she loves being told the truth, well here it goes. "We texted."

"Just that?"

"What do you mean with just that?" I break her grip defensibly.

She breaths in. She supposedly dislikes talk about it, but she always who brings up the theme.

"You didn't go out?"

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot. We went on a day and everything, we even slept together afterwards." I seethe, I'm honestly done.

Lauren's POV

I don't comprehend her sometimes. We were chatting as normal and her answered suddenly changed into aggressive ones. I normally try to listen to her and understand but she has been acting this way for weeks now. It's surpassed me.

"What is going on with you?"

"How?" She makes the fool,
pissing me off.

"Something's been happening with you and I don't know what the fuck it is." Does she really need to see me this frustrated?

"With me?" She laughs bitterly. "Excuse me?" Her sarcasm is almost cynical. "Am I who is extremely lovely, but doesn't dare to tell the truth? It wouldn't shock me if you decide to leave me again." My heart beat races.

"Is that supposed to be me?" She nods. "I ain't honest with you?"

"You heard me." She stands up, her arms still crossed over her chest.

"Why do you say that?" I interrogate. Does she know something I don't?

"What do you think?" I stay in silence, stuck in a death road. I know she is friends with Austin, a guy known for sneaking his nose into people's business. Now, I'm not fully secure Camila is aware of my kiss with Bradley, but it's a strong possibility.

"Are you seriously leaving?" I stand up as well, seeing the gravity of the problem.

"If you ever want to tell me, you know where to find me." She says icily, storming out.

"Camila." I sigh and go after her with quick, long steps.

However, she speeds up, determined to leave my house. Until she grabs the doorknob I'm able to grip her forearm.

"Love, please." I beg.

Camila turns around to give me a deathly look for several seconds. It's been so long since one of this uncomfortable silence accompanied us.

"Love my fucking ass." In other circumstances I would have laughed. "You know what? I'm getting tired of all this shit. It can keep up with not being honest to other people, but not between us. Lauren, I need you to trust me. Because if YOU had told me, I would have understood, I'm just tired of look like and idiot and having to move at rhythm that YOU mark. I cannot stand how you are lying to my face and at the same time treating me beautifully and telling me the sweetest things. Is honesty too much to ask, Lauren?"

"You are talking about Bradley, right?" I finally ask in a bad timing. I don't wait for her reply. "Camila, I swear I wanted to tell you but then I couldn't and then time passed by and it didn't have sense anymore."

"Didn't have sense?" She shakes her head in disbelief. "No, you are right, Lauren. Anyways, who gives a shit about who MY girlfriend kisses? I certainly don't. Maybe tomorrow I will give a fuck about who MY girlfriend fucks with." The irony and rage covers her poisoned words. "Although that ain't the worst problem. No, of that nothing."

"Camila? What are you saying?" I let go of her hand.

"I gotta go. I settled on with a friend. If that's okay with you, Lauren."

__________________
Hope you like it xoxo