Chapter 19

Camila's POV

I had selected one of my favorite dresses for the occasion, I felt that the night and Lauren deserved a more effort than usual from my part. Lauren refused to give me about tonight's schedule. My heartbeat raised when she gets out from her car.

"You are beautiful, Camz." She says dedicating me a bright smile and scanning me from up to down.

"You too, love." I kiss her cheek loudly.
"Can you tell me where we're going?"

"It's been a while since our last date, you and me, with no one else around. An official date." She grabs my hand.

"Did you just dare to ignore my question?" I gasp dramatically.

"I did." She chuckles to herself and turns to steal me a fast kiss.

I shake my head giggling. Lauren looks at me before starting the car. Her fingers pass through her hair.

"Give me a chance to fix all this shit." She pleads with a shy smile.

"You think it's worth the effort?" It's nonsense of to me to ask her that, I might be tired of the problems but never of her. Even though there are some things to work on, having her in my life is what makes me the happiest.

"If you're not worth it, nothing else is."

Lauren's POV

I would lie if I say the situation isn't nerve-wrecking. I need to amend my mistakes. I want to move on to the next chapter of our life, together, but in order to do that I've to prof her how commited I'm to us. The image of Camila leaving me for good has been haunting me down.

"And I don't have a say?" She questions.

"Wh.. What?" My stutter.

"About us. What if I don't want to continue?" I cannot understand how suddenly everything changed, just last night we were laughing in her room. I honestly don't have an answer to that, because no matter how much I trained my words and actions for every possible scenario, hearing Camila say this, has no comparison.

"Well, I'm..." I clean my throat. "I'm gonna give my header and soul to this relationship."

"But what if I don't want a relationship?" The pain inside my chest is thumping.

"Then... It's over." My voice is extremely trembly. "You want that?"

Camila stares at me in silence and I ain't brave enough to take my view away from the highway, not even for a second. I can handle the questions, horribly but I can. Nevertheless, dealing with her gaze is something my emotions wouldn't stand.

The seconds slip out of my life. Camila's quietness is unbelievably hurtful. I wouldn't be able to assimilate a yes. She's not replying and I can't breath, the car lacks out of air, or maybe it's just me. I don't know if it's been a minute or an hour but her deep brown eyes are making my skin burn. She feels far away, unreachable.

I open the window.

"Lauren?" She finally talks.

"Uhm?" I mutter. A traffic light forces me to stop. I take the courage I find inside me and look at her. I have to play all my cards, maybe if she sees my agony, she'll have mercy.

"What would happen if I don't wanna continue?" I can't inhale correctly anymore.

"Why? Why are you asking, Camila?" My questions is absurd. Nothing more than a week beg, which I almost never employ. The car behind honks.

"Because I want to know the answer. What if I don't?" She repeats. My hands quiver and my eyes fill up with tears. I hold tight to the steel wheel, determined to arrive to our destination as soon as possible.

Camila's POV

I watch her curiously, analyzing her every movement. Lauren is trying to look strong, unbreakable, only to make me believe the same. But I know her perfectly, from head to toes, I know her passions and fears, I know the meaning that hides behind her words, I know they way her eyes shine, I know everything she's been through, I know her most personal plans and wishes, but mostly important I know how her heart races when she looks at me.

However, right now the situation's escaping from control and I'm making her suffer, I don't want to make her feel pain.

"Lauren?" I put my hand on her tight when she parks. She turns her face towards the window, avoiding me. Her breathing is too accelerated. "Lauren, look at me, please."

She breaths in and takes off her seatbelt. Our eyes meet.

"Are you going to leave me? You give up?" Lauren asks, her voice cracks and my bones collapse.

"No! I would never." She sighs in relief. "God no... Just... I would never leave you, Lauren."

"You scared the fuck out of me." She mumbles to herself.

"I only wanted to hear your answer." I caress her tight lovingly. "But I guess I've just seen it." She nods slightly. "I want to be with you, Lolo. I truly do, more than anything I've ever wanted in my life. I love you madly. And because of that I know that we've things to work on, to improve, as a couple and individually, but we'll do it together, supporting each other, without giving up."

"We will, love. I promise." She grips my hand.

"Then give me a hug." I demand, wrapping my arms around her neck. I hear her breathing calming down. We stay in silence again, a comfortable one for a change.

"I'd spent the rest of my life like this but I've a date with a gorgeous girl." She whispers before kissing my neck.

"It must be our lucky day, because I also have a date with a beautiful girl."

____________________
Hope you like it xoxo