Chapter 20

Lauren's POV

Camila changed her attitude after the awful experience inside my car. It wasn't enough though, I was willing to prove that for her I would do anything. I wasn't gonna let Austin our any other person, not even ourselves, destroy what we had built over the years.

"What's your plan?" She asks while linking our hands. It always feel strange to be in public and not have everyone surrounding us, not that I complain.

"Movies and food." Her eyes illuminate with the words.

"Uh, interesting." She smiles. "Laur, the movies are this way, though." I nod and continue walking to the opposite direction, confusing her more. "No, no, over there, Lauren."

"Who said we're going to the movies?"

"You!" I chuckle, still dragging her.

"I only said movies." I shrug, Camila's confusion is clear but she follows me without another question. I stop in front of the building, taking out the keys and opening the doors. "Just wait." I say when she's about to speak. The trip in the elevator is short and we walk to the end of the hall. Even though I came here before picking up my girlfriend to make sure everything looked fine, I feel a mix of nervousness and excitement to show her my work. "I do want to apologize for my cliche but I thought we deserved one of this." I move to a side, letting her pass.

Camila's gaze travels around the room. I close the door slowly and stand next to her to watch her reaction. For me it's pretty simple, since I only had a day to arrange everything. I forced a friend of mine to help me out, with both, lending me her new apartment and then with the decoration. We bought lots of blankets, pillows, decoration lights and every candy we thought of. Then we proceeded to built some sort of comfy bed, which faced the wall selected to project the movies. In my opinion we actually did quiet a nice job.

"This is so amazing, baby." Camila whispers. "I cannot believe it." A breathtaking smile lights up her face.

"So you like it?" I put our stuff on the old and small table, because aside from that and our home made movie theater, the apparent is completely empty.

"I love it." Camila takes me off-guard when she unites our lips tenderly.

"Let's take this party over there."
I murmur grabbing her hand and guiding us to the blankets.

...

"Shit! It's too late, baby." I stretch and sit up. Camila's head falls on the pillows and she groans.

"I guess we'll have to spent the night here." Her arm, which is around my waist, pulls me closer. "Bummer."

"I wish we could, but I promised your mom I'd take you home tonight or yesterday's night. Plus, I promised my mom the same." Apparently some friends of hers are visiting us tomorrow and she wants me there.

"I know." Camila sighs. I nod and try to stand up. However, she grips my forearm and stops my intentions. "But we didn't even got to make out." She pouts adorably and I tap her cheek.

"Well, someone was too caught up singing Gabriela's lines." I tease her. Camila chose a good old HSM marathon for the night.

"Hey! I make no discriminations, I sing the entire songs." I giggle. I honestly love to do that too but when you've someone like her next to you, is hard to focus on anything else. "It doesn't matter anyways, because I'm not letting you leave until you give me what you so cynically stole from me yesterday." I raise an eyebrow, Camila's dominance is always too much to handle.

"Bummer."

Camila's POV

This is what I call a great night.
Beautiful green-eyed girl by my side, a slide of pizza in my hand, starry night illuminating our path and some classic acoustic music in the radio.

It is this simple and I've never asked for more.

I used to yearn moments like right now all the time, back at the begging, when our relationship was forbidden and loving each other wasn't correct. Well, they told us it wasn't. It's impossible to think about that and ignore everything we've been through. Some problems may have been stupid, unnecessary, but they got us to where we stand together and I wouldn't change it for the world.

"Do you think it's worth the effort?" Lauren asks calmly, glancing at me for a second.

"Lo, I have always believe it is worth the effort." I look at the window, it looks so peaceful outside. "For me you are worth everything."

"Good." Her mouth draws a tiny smile. "Because I think the same about you."

"I'm sorry I scared you." It was never my intention.

"It's fine, love. I just don't want this to end. I didn't have an answer for what you asked me. Most of the times I don't have an answer to anything but when it comes to you, I don't need to think about it too hard, I can feel it, you know? I love you deeply, Camz, and I won't lose you again because we...
I mean, I know you're the love of life."

______________________
Hope you like it xoxo