Chapter 24

Camila's POV

I wake up before the sunset. Sofi is still sleeping comfortably next to me, she came last night to tell me about her day and fell asleep here. I dress up in a blink of an eye, grabbing some pants and one of Lauren's hoodies that I'm so used to wear. There is no time to lose. My parents aren't awake yet, which forces me to be more quiet and careful. Nonetheless, they already know I have been leaving this early. I take an apple, my keys and my phone, putting everything inside my purse. I head towards the bus stop, the first bus leaves in less than 5 minutes.

Lauren's POV

My schedule has changed drastically. I sleep at strange hours, sometimes too much and others, regardless of my tiredness, I cannot close my eyes for more than a couple of minutes. My body has been out of symphony, and my head has even confused shapes and colors. The bruises are still adding pigment to my pale skin and most of my injuries have transform into scars, I'm just glad they haven't bleed anymore. The only thing that seems to be in complete order is my heart, which never fails to pump wildly against my ribs whenever Camila is with me. Those deep brown eyes will be the only death of me.

"Love, are you up?" Camila knocks gently, her head appears behind the door. I feel a wide smile spreading across my mouth at the familiar sound of her melody voice. "Great" She enters to the room. Camila always looks too marvelous wearing my clothes.

"What time is it?" The sun isn't out yet and my girlfriend is here, I couldn't be luckier.

"Later than what I've expected." She says while sitting at the edge of the bed, I move a bit to give her more space.

"Camz, it's dark outside." The daylight usually sneaks in, the curtains are barely a decoration. She shrugs. "They brought you this early?"

"I took the bus." Camila grips my hand to kiss is tenderly.

"It could have waited." I reproach her.

"I didn't want to." She replies and I stay in silence, watching her play with my fingers delicately. Her hair is an adorable mess, she must have come without combing it first, I raise an arm, trying to brush it. She takes the opportunity to grab my other hand and kiss it with the same dedication. The bags under her eyes make her look as if she hasn't slept in weeks, which is in fact true. My heart flutters when I see her yawn, she's simply mesmerizing.

"I love you so much." I don't know what else to say other than that. I just want to remain her.

"I love you more, beautiful." She gives me a bright smile.

"I doubt it." I affirm immediately.

"Do not." She caresses my face with her fingertips.

"I doubt it because you're the one who keeps me here again, inside of this body that right now feels absolutely foreign." Camila takes her time to answer.

"That's because it is mine, you are all mine. Completely mine." She taps my nose and dedicates me a smooth smirk.

"I am." I don't have to think it twice.

"So mine that I'm not letting you leave. You are going to stay here and stop scaring the hell out of everyone."

"Of course I will stay here. Where do you want me to go if they don't let me leave this hospital?" Camila shakes her head grinning. I don't actually have the physical strength to do that but it'd be nice to have the option.

"I didn't mean here as in this room..." She sighs deeply. "You know what I meant, love." She cups my cheek and her gaze is enough to explain me her concern.

"I don't have the smallest intention to leave this world any time soon." I reply honestly. I'll fight tons of times if that means I get the chance to stare at this beautiful chocolate eyes.

"Life is absurd. One minute you're making me the happiest, we are having this incredible date and I'm loving you in such a meaningful way, and then some stupid idiots almost overturn your car and  run away. It's not fair that you're stuck in this bed while they are... fucking idiots." I was just as frustrated when my mom told me the story. Apparently they were too cowards to even stay and make sure I was okay. I was just too lucky another car passed by minutes later and called emergencies.

"You are adorable, Camz." I kiss the palm of her hand briefly. She's really caring.

"You too" Her voice relaxes immediately. "But aren't you mad? I mean they just walked away without even a scratch and sent you straight to this hospital. Those fucking..." I decide to cut her off before she gets more caught up in her anger.

"I was. For like a day." I add stealing a small chuckle from her. "I understood there's nothing I can do about that now. Besides, at the end of the day we always pay for our acts. I'm sure life will take charge of them." Being mad at them will only affect my health and I think they've done enough already.

"You believe we get what we deserve?" She asks me curiously.

"I believe everything we have or receive is a reflect of how we act." I nod.

"I must have done something extraordinary in my other life to deserve you."

Camila's POV

We stay in silence again. My eyes travel around her handmade features, admiring every single detail. I would never get used to her radiant beauty, in and out. I graze her lower lip with my thump tenderly. I raise my gaze, looking for her piercing eyes, which are staring at my mouth with intensity. My body leans in almost unconsciously, anxious to unite our lips.

Her touch is tender, sweet, but my burning desire makes me deepen the kiss in a matter of seconds. It's been less than a month but we are talking about Lauren, so nobody can actually judge me. She seems to gain strength in her hands, which quickly pull me closer. I move carefully, afraid of hurting her even a little.

"Daughter, are you okay?!" Clara yells entering to the room with a nurse right behind her. I jump from the bed and step away from it, looking for a way to disappear.

"Uhm, yeah." Lauren blushes with intensity. "We are okay." She mutters trying to catch her breath. I give them a shy smile and the nurse leaves laughing.

"I see." Clara laughs too, making the moment even more uncontrollable. "Just don't forget that machine over there is indicating your heartbeat."

_____________________
One chapter left.
Hope you like it xoxo