Chapter 21

Lauren's POV

She gave me a sweet see you later kiss. Then walked up to her porch and told me to call her whenever I arrive home, just to be sure I'm okay. I left her street but didn't go back home, I didn't want to, not yet. I texted her after 10 minutes, saying I was already in my bed and ready to sleep, even when I only had a couple of hours left to do so.
I told her I love her, and continued driving without direction.

Camila's POV

"I'm already home and off to bed. You little adorable demon, left me beyond exhausted and no, this ain't a compliment for what you're probably thinking. Those choreographies are just tiring. I love you, baby, sleep tight."

I lay down completely calmed now. Lauren looked a bit absent when she left. I thought the best was to stay awake until she arrived home because, besides being late, Lauren sometimes can be truly ditzy.

I waited for her message. My mind relieving our date. It was wonderful. I felt normal for once, not like a famous singer, but like a girl in her hometown. I pictured a life where neither of us were known. I would probably have met Lauren at school, which is in fact pretty absurd because her family was better established than mine. However, in my imagination, that didn't matter, instead I wonder how it would have been dating an infamous Lauren, because my girlfriend is not normal at all. High sounded logical and ideal for my story. Our dates would have been in usual places, like a basketball game or a soccer one, with hoodies and hats supporting our school tema. Or maybe somewhere more quiet, a restaurant perhaps. Although I know we can actually do those things, imagining an unreal life where no one cared about us, seemed more appealing. A place where I could fall a thousand times and make tons of mistakes that wouldn't  determined the rest of your journey. Where the only once noticing them would be my closest friends and family, not the entire world, ready to judge. 

I desired that fictional life.

Nonetheless, it isn't like that, Lauren isn't just Lauren, my beautiful green-eyed girlfriend, she is Lauren Jauregui from 5H, role model of millions of people, filled with responsibilities. She works in the musical industry, has an image to hold, and every step counts.

Sadly, I'm too.

Even then I prefer all of that, than nothing. I prefer a tough life with stress and hard critics. I love Lauren, and I do not care if she is an international pop star or a librarian, for me the choice is simple, her.

Lauren's POV

My eyes are stabbed in the road, while I drive quietly. This streets are always filled with people, going from one place to other, absorbed in their own life, in their own problems and agony, or maybe, and if they're lucky, in their own happiness. Nonetheless, right now, they are completely empty.

I haven't felt this sensible in a while. Maybe it is because I unlocked my emotions for Camila, because I needed her to see through all my walls and understand my deep commitment.
Just like I feel the need to be chased by the moon, and sink in Miami's nocturne peace.

Nothing is out of order anymore. We are together. She isn't going to leave me and certainly, neither am I. The pain in my chest I had previously experienced has been replaced for happiness and gratefulness.

I love Camila, with my heart and soul. I love her with every single inch of my body. I turn on the radio to the highest volume, a Queen's song is playing, and I start to sign along, screaming the lyrics, feeling that rush inundating me.
The withe moon illuminates my city.

I drove in my side of the street. At a normal speed, being careful. However, not everyone acts that way. It happened in a blink of an eye, the seconds slipped out of my hands, I tried to move quicker, but it was nonsense, the blue van had already crashed against my car.

___________________
Hope you like it xoxo