Masterpiece

Arabella woke up with no trace of Brendan. She wondered if last night was a dream until she read a note from him on her nightstand. There's a trace after all.

I left around four am. I'll be by at seven to pick you up. ;)

She smiled at his note. Events from last night flooded into her head. Brendan has saved her life in more than one way. Smiling at the thought of him, she got up from her bed. She quickly put on skinny jeans, and Brendan's hoodie he left. The thought of seeing him made her heart flutter. A knock on her bedroom door made her jump.

"Bella, are you awake?" Her mom asked trying to open the door.

"Yeah, I'm about ready to leave."

"Kyle is taking you to school." Arabella froze.

"Um, no. I'm walking. I'm not getting in the same car alone with him."

"You guys need to talk about all of this. At least apologize for your accusations." Arabella didn't answer. She ignored her mom as she continued to speak.

Quickly, she checked her hair in the mirror wearing it down the way Brendan likes. She put on some Chapstick and looked out of her window to see if he's here. Sure enough, he's parked beside her neighbors house. A smile crept onto her face as she left the house making sure both parents didn't see her leave.

"Hey, baby. Sorry, I-" Arabella cut Brendan off by slamming her lips onto his. He froze for a moment, but quickly kissed her back. She couldn't help herself because all she wanted all morning were his lips on hers.

"Where'd that come from?" He chuckled as she pulled away.

"I missed you." She sighed.

"I missed you, too." He leaned toward her for another kiss.

"Let's go before my mom sees us."

"Seatbelt." Arabella put on her seatbelt as Brendan demanded. He drove past the school making her turn to him curiously.

"School's that way." She teased.

"We're not going to school."

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." He said placing his hand on her thigh.

They pulled into a parking lot for an abandoned building. Arabella furrowed her eyebrows confused.

"Come on, babe." He got out of the car and grabbed his backpack from the backseat. He grabbed her hand and lead her to the building.

"Please don't murder me." He slapped her ass as if telling her too soon. After they approached the building, Arabella turned to Brendan expectantly.

"So..." She started. Brendan held up a finger to silence her. He pulled off his bag and opened it. Her eyes widened when he pulled out a bag of rolled joints and spray paint cans.

"This," he walked towards her, "is what I use to let off some steam."

"So, you want to get high and spray paint?"

"You said it, not me." He sent her a mouthwatering smile.

"Let's do it." She said walking toward him. He handed her a joint and held up the lighter for her. She inhaled the smoke, instantly relaxing.

"How is this stuff illegal?" She said taking another hit.

"Take this." Brendan handed her a spray paint can, and kicked the backpack full of different colors to her. She handed him the joint, and gasped as her eyes landed on the bag full of spray paint.

"I don't know how to spray paint." She pouted. Her mouth went dry when she turned to see Brendan letting smoke out through his lips. He smirked when he saw her staring.

"It's like hairspray. You just shake the can and spray the shit on the wall." He handed her the joint and she took it taking a few more hits before giving it back to him.

"I'mma do it!" She yelled. Brendan only laughed at how cute she is high. She took the can of purple can and sprayed the building.

"Don't stand too close, princess." Brendan said from a few feet away finishing the joint. He pulled out two packages of Oreos for them to snack on as they painted. Along with a two liter bottle of Mountain Dew.

After about an hour and a half of both of them spray painting, they began to grow tired.

"Wow, we did a lot." Arabella gasped. She giggled at her wall compared to Brendan's. He painted a guy being eaten by a shark while hers was just a collage of colors. None the less, she loved them.

"Stand by the wall so I can get a picture." Brendan said. She did as he said and allowed him to take photos of her by his and her art. He laughed as she did weird poses.

"Alright, lets go eat real food." He said picking up his backpack.

"I have another surprise for you. Well, it's sort of a surprise." He handed her his phone. She looked at it to see her sleeping face.

"Ew, why did you show me this." She said.

"Just remember it." He said taking his phone.

After getting tacos, Brendan drove them downtown where they first kissed. Arabella smiled as he parked the car. They walked to the alley hand in hand.

"Oh my god. You finished it?" Arabella gasped as she ran her fingers over his masterpiece. It's not anything in particular, just a beautiful work of colors. The grin on her face seemed permanent as she turned to see Brendan taking pictures of her.

"Stop it." She said crossing her arms.

"I wanted to get a picture of my masterpiece."

"Then you don't need me in it."

"Then it wouldn't be a masterpiece."

She blushed and bit her lip trying to hide her grin he's seemed to have glued onto her face. When she looked up, Brendan was in front of her.

"This is seriously beautiful." She said pulling him into a hug. He held her close.

"Thanks." He smiled down at her and gave her a chaste kiss.

"I have something else I wanna show you." He grabbed her hand and pulled her further down the alley. He made her close her eyes until he had her body adjusted precisely.

"Open." He said from behind her. She opened her eyes. Her jaw dropped as she stumbled back.

"Holy shit, is that..." She turned to Brendan who nodded while taking photos of her.

"This is amazing." She felt tears leak from her eyes as she stared at the colors that constructed her sleeping face.

Beautiful colors.

At that moment she thought she was beautiful. Brendan had painted her to look that way.

"You are beautiful, Belle. I know this isn't very good, but I had to try." He said pulling her back against his chest. His arms securely around her waist.

"Brendan." She sniffled. He turned her around thinking he had somehow hurt her.

"This is beautiful. I love it, I love you." She buried her face into his chest and held him tightly.

"I love you, too. I'm glad you like it, babygirl."

"Thank you." She mumbled against his shirt.

"For what?"

"For saving me way more than once." He kissed the top of her head.

"Ditto."

● ● ●

Got that shit from Ghost.