First Date

Long ass chapter, my dudes. Stick around. ;)

■ ■ ■

Sitting in her room surrounded by a hurricane of clothes, Arabella became frustrated. Brendan was taking her on a date, but he didn't say where. He figured after everything, especially their fights, it's time for something new. It's a surprise. She sighed and thought of his last text.

Wear something nice ;)

"I don't own anything nice." She said aloud, even though she's home alone. She walked over to her mom's room in only Brendan's t-shirt she put on after her shower. She froze, she hadn't been in there in years. Kyle would always come into her room. After he started to abuse her, she never set foot in that room. Taking a deep breath, she took a step into her mother's room. Slowly, she made her way to the closet.

Her mom still hasn't gotten rid of Kyle's clothes. They were hanging neatly next to her mother's. She had to refrain herself from ripping them from their hangers and burning all of his belongings. Instead, she pushed them aside and went to the back of the closet. Finding some dresses her mom used to wear when she was married to her father.

"Dad loved this dress." She whispered to herself. She picked up the hanger the dress was resting on. She gently held the dress against her chest. It even smelt faintly of her mom's old perfume. Her parents were so in love when she was a child. Arabella's mother was so heartbroken when she found out he was dying in the hospital after an accident.

She went into her bedroom and stared at the beautiful dress. It was black; made with thin, simple, flowy material. She remembered how beautiful she thought her mother looked when she wore it. It hugged her curves so nicely. Now, her mother was thin due to overworking, and a loss of appetite. When her father died, she practically stopped eating.

Arabella carefully slipped into the weightless dress. She knew she'd never look as good as her mother used to look in it, but it was still worth trying on. She turned to the mirror to get a look at herself in the dress. It took her a good five minutes to get the zipper up by herself.

She gasped when she saw herself in the mirror. She looked beautiful. It hugged her curves perfectly, and it showed a decent amount of skin while still being appropriate. It stopped a few inches above her knees, flowing around her thighs. She twirled in a circle letting out a small laugh.

The only thing that got to her was that it was spaghetti strapped. She dug through her clothes until she found a black kimono cardigan. It stopped just a few inches before her dress did. She had to talk herself out of wearing her all black converse. She settled for a pair of black wedges she found in her mom's closet.

Not being too good at makeup, she only put on foundation, mascara, and chapstick. As for her hair, she left it in nice natural waves. She pulled the top layer of her into a braid leaving most of it down.

She sighed, giving herself one last look in the mirror before the doorbell rang. She glanced out her window to see Brendan's car in her driveway. The butterflies in her stomach intensified as she grabbed her purse, and stuffed her converse in it. Her heart rate increased when she approached the front door. Brendan must have been getting impatient because he started beatboxing on the door. She giggled as she pulled it open.

Brendan froze with his hand in fists from beating on the door. He ran his eyes down Arabella's body while she did the same to him. He was wearing dark jeans, and a white dress shirt rolled up to his elbows. His hair was less messy than usual, but still had its signature fluff.

"Damn..." He said as his eyes turned a shade darker.

"I didn't own anything nice, so I had to pull something together." She said lowering her head. He brought his hands to her waist and pulled her to him.