Aphrodite's Ideas Are Only Known To Lead To Death 90% of the Time.

Full title: Aphrodite's Ideas Are Only Known To Lead To Death 90% of the Time. (Let's Hope This is the Other 10%) but that was too long for Wattpad so lmao

Will stuffed the last of his belongings into his bag, sighing greatly. It was nice to be out of the humidity of Cyprus (because, for some reason, the cave in which he found the Galaxy Stone was surrounded by warmth and humidity even though it was mid-November. Something about one of Aphrodite's cults and all that), though he did miss the silence. New York, after all, is a very, very loud city.

And so was the throne room of the gods.

It was complete chaos in there; Aphrodite and Ares were yelling at each other; Hades, Zeus and Poseidon were having a drinking competition; Hephaestus was tinkering away at his throne-- with a jackhammer; Demeter was throwing boxes of Whole-Grain Cheerios at everyone; Dionysus was trying to steal some wine from the alcohol lined up near his father and uncles only to watch it, predictably, change into soda; Hera was shrieking at Zeus as he drank, something about a mortal girl with blue hair; Hermes was running around, making last-minute deliveries to the gods, breaking up a fight or drink to have someone sign papers; Athena, Artemis and Hestia were the only relatively calm ones, sitting back on their thrones with resigned expressions and chatting lowly amongst themselves. On Apollo's empty throne, someone had written Eat my trousers, teacher-boy in sharpie. Probably Ares or Hermes. Perhaps Artemis.

Will cleared his throat, and the Thestral on the back of Nico's throne whinnied loudly, interrupting the chaos. The gods turned to face Will.

"Well," Will said, raising an eyebrow, "Dad owes me thirty drachmas. Aphrodite, Hephaestus, if you would join me... not here?"

Will lead the two senior immortals to the front of the palace.

"Did you get it?" Aphrodite asked excitedly.

Will pulled a small packet out of his pocked. He unwrapped the leather stringing and unfolded the loosely woven cloth to reveal the Galaxy Stone.

Aphrodite squealed. "Oooh! It's more beautiful than I remember! It'll be just perfect for your rings!"

Hephaestus admired the stone with glinting eyes. "Hm. Yes. A bit of buffing and polishing will do it justice."

Suddenly, Aphrodite's eyes lit up. "Oh! What if--" She leant over to Hephaestus and whispered frantically in his ear, practically bouncing up and down.

Hephaestus nodded approvingly. "Hm. Yes. That's a good idea."

"Uhm," Will said, "Don't I get to--"

"No, and you don't get to see it until it's done," Aphrodite said. "Now. I have something I want you to give Draco--"

~~~~~~~~

Second update bc I prewrote this far lmao