Run, Beetle, Run

Nico sat ready at lunch, the Daily Prophet in front of him.

"You ready to hear what Rita's done to you?" Draco asked dryly. "She's notoriously.... Bad."

Will raised a brow. "The way you say that makes it sound like an understatement."

Draco nodded seriously. "It is."

"Shut up, you two." Nico rolled his eyes. "Come on."

The Champions Are Selected

By Rita Skeeter

Nico's eyes scanned over the paper. The accounts of Krum, Delacour and Diggory all seemed fake, like something from the rag mags in the Aphrodite column-- petty, incriminating, and false.

Finally, heart filling with dread, Nico's eyes reached his own name.

Nico-Angelo Olympia: Hero or Villain?

Now that we've heard of stunning and loyal Cedric Diggory, deceptively beautiful Fleur Delacour and muscle-bound Quidditch sensation Victor Krum, let's move on to perhaps the most mysterious contestant-- the elusive Nico-Angelo Olympia.

A boy of only 15,--Nico rolled his eyes-- he is the sole exception to the new age requirement due to his exceptional skill. Heir to an exclusive American Private School called the Olympia House for Prodigious Wizards and Witches, which was founded for him by his father and uncles, Olympia has exceptional powers that, it seems, he is not afraid to use to his advantage.

"I have more than a few tricks up my sleeve," Olympia remarked when asked about the fairness of competing against witches and wizards, who, while older, seem less magically skilled. A wicked, malevolent grin stretched across his face "And I'm not going to hold back."

As for Olympia House for Prodigious Wizards and Witches itself, not much is known. It is a school that caters to elite witches and wizards across the world-- and, it seems, witches and wizards who can perform wandless magic, a skill not dreamt of for most. In fact, Olympia will not be using a wand during the trials to come, but instead a sword of a wickedly black metal that none but an Olympia can touch without consequence-- consequence that, when asked about, Olympia said nothing of.--

"Bullshit," Nico said to himself. "The beetle never asked anything about my sword."

--However, when I, evermore the fierce reporter, asked him about his motives behind entering in such a deadly competition, Olympia's cold facade melted into something soft.

"Well," he said, eyes glazed over happily. "My reasons for entering were simple: it was either going to be me or Will-Sol, and I refused to let him partake in such a dangerous thing. After all, he is my boyfriend."

That's right, my rabid readers-- it seems that Olympia is gay! Such a shame, too-- he is wickedly handsome, and it seems a shame he can never pass such beautiful, jewel-like eyes onto an heir.--

The shadows in the great hall grew longer and darker, and the temperature dropped a solid ten degrees. The torches along the wall changed from their usual warm orange to a sinister green. The Slytherins sitting near him edged away, with the exception of Will and Draco, who looked equally as furious as Nico.

"That-- that bitch!" Will hissed. "I'm gonna fucking--"

Draco grabbed Will by the back of his robes. Though anger blazed in his eyes, he spoke the voice of reason. "She's not worth it. Besides, you'll get a chance to prove her wrong."