Aphrodite Goes All Out (and Nico Gets Handsy)

Nico wasn't surprised to learn that defeating the dragon without even fighting it added to the whispers and states that followed him whenever he walked down the corridors of the castle. It was a...natural path of events. Annoying, but natural.

No. What surprised Nico was that there was going to be a ball.

"The Yule Ball," McGonagall announced to the students of her Transfiguration class (the class which Nico and Will had decided to attend due to the fact Draco had it, and they didn't want to leave their baby dragon all on his own), "is a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament, and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to Fourth Years and above, although you may invite a younger student if you wish. Dress robes will be worn, and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now, then," McGonagall looked around the classroom. "The Yule Ball is, of course, a chance for us all to-- er-- let our hair down."

Much of the class erupted into silent giggles; it seemed that McGonagall had never "let her hair down"--in a literal sense, that is.

"But that does not mean," McGonagall continued over the laughter, "that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from a Hogwarts student. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarasses the school in any way."

Class was shortly dismissed, and Nico heard the students mutter excitedly amongst themselves. Nico, however, wasn't particularly fazed. Sure, dancing was fun, but it's not like he had to--

"Mr. Olympia," McGonagall called. "Since you are here, I thought I might inform you..."

Nico made his way up towards her desk. "Yes, Professor?"

"It is traditional," McGonagall said to him, "that the Champions and their partners start the dance."

Nico blinked once, only vaguely shocked despite his previous doubts. "Oh. Alright then. Thank you."

Nico sighed as he walked out the classroom, meeting Will at the doors. Okay. He'd have to dance. He turned to Will. "Will you do me the honor of being my date to the Yule Ball."

Will fanned himself with a hand on his heart as they walked out of the classroom. "Why, Mr. Olympia," he said with a fake southern belle accent, "I would be simply honored."

Nico winced. "Don't do that ever again, please."

Will just grinned.

"Hey, lovebirds," Draco said, coming up behind the two. "You do realize that Aphrodite will want to dress us, right?"

Nico and Will looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Oh, shit."

~*~

Will was not surprised when he appeared suddenly in Aphrodite's closet not even a day after the Ball's announcement, and it seemed Draco and Nico shared his lack of surprise.

"Lady Aphrodite," Draco said, bowing his head. "I assume you heard of the Yule Ball?"

Aphrodite grinned. "Yes, Little Dragon, I have. And I have the perfect ideas for all your outfits. Sol, if you'd follow me?"

Will reluctantly followed Aphrodite into a sectioned off area where an-- admittedly lovely-- outfit hung on display for him.

It was pretty simple, actually. The dress shirt was a flawless white, a semi-metallic gold tie around the neck. Aphrodite had chosen a gorgeous waistcoat of a gold, with silver threads that gleamed when the light hit them. The blazer and pants were of a rich black, and his shoes were polished to perfection. Aphrodite snapped, and the outfit appeared on him.