2 Yule 2 Ball

Will and Nico moved together perfectly, gracefully, beautifully; they were, most definitely, a perfect pair. They simply put everyone else on the floor to shame.

Which was why, after a minute or two of dancing, Dumbledore had to take Madame Maxime's arm and lead her in a dance for others to feel encouraged enough to join on the dancing. Nico barely noticed, his attention being consumed by Will as they looked lovingly into each other's eyes, both glistening with excitement and tenderness.

The song ended all too soon for Nico's taste, and applause filled the air. Smiling, though, Nico joined in. From the corner of his eye, he saw Harry-- looking rather grumpy-- lead an equally sour looking Parvati Patil from the dance floor, Ron and Padma not far behind him.

His attention, however, was taken away from the two of them as a faster-paced song filled the Hall. This one was more akin to rock, and Nico threw a wolfish grin in Will's direction before headbanging furiously, laughing as Fred, George, Angelina and Draco joined in. Shaking his head, Will chuckled good naturedly before doing so as well.

This song, Nico thought, ended quickly enough; even his brain was starting to hurt from slamming against his own skull, and he was a god. Hermione and Krum wandered over to them, Hermione looking rather more comfortable doing so than Nico might have thought likely. She wouldn't look at Draco, but Nico understood that; Draco'd said some nasty things to her, and while that was for a facade, an act, Hermione didn't know that.

Face lit and brown eyes twinkling, she said, "This is an amazing party, isn't it?!"

Nico smiled at her, somewhat confused but mostly relieved; his main problem with Hermione was her annoying suspicion, and so long as that was nonexistent, Nico thought he might get to genuinely sort've like her.

"Yeah," Will said, "and that's only two and a half songs in. Something tells me that it'll become even more amazing as the night goes on."

"Shall I get us some drinks, Herm-own-ninny?" Krum asked, apparently addressing Hermione.

Hermione blushed and smiled toothily, and as Krum made his way towards the drink table, she excused herself and made her way towards Harry and Ron, both of whom were sans their dates. Nico examined the Golden Clusterfucks passively, swaying his body in time with the music. Ron seemed angry, and Harry equally so; but from what Nico could make out (both from snippets of conversation that carried over the music and from reading their lips) they were angry for very different reasons.

"What's up with the Golden Geese?" Draco muttered in Nico's ear.

"Geese?" Will blinked.

"Geese are assholes," Fred said sagely.

"With sharp teeth," George added, equally as sagely.

"Whatever," Nico rolled his eyes. Taking a deep breath, he said, "Ron's angry Hermione's here with Krum-- yes, guys, awww, we all know Ron has a crush, stop cooing over it-- and Harry's angry Hermione was talking with me and Will. He still seems to think we're Death Eaters; Hermione is angry at both of them for being stupid, Ron's a little hesitant on us, but seems to be urging Harry to 'drop it until they get more evidence' when it comes to us, and Harry's mad at Ron for 'taking our side'. Ron's assuring him that he's not, he's just wanting to be more cautious, 'remember before the First Task?'. So, in short, they're all miffed with each other and now Hermione's stomping away, muttering about idiot boys, and oh shit I think she's upset crying."

The group of six collectively looked at each other, nodded, and headed towards Hermione. Part way through, they split into three, Fred, George, and Angelina heading towards Krum to stall him, and Nico, Will, and Draco making their way towards Hermione. As they passed his table, Nico made sure to throw Harry a dirty look (because Harry was being the stupidest, Nico could at least understand Ron's jealousy, but this anger... it was irrational and dumb as fuck), which likely didn't help relations between them, but Nico was past caring.