Chapter 5

Blaine's POV
~
Dad just dropped me off in the front of the building and waved. He didn't tell me when he would be back, where he was going. Great. I was suppose to go back to work today after seeing Mr. Hummel, but if I don't have ride, I'm not going.
I stuffed my hands in my pocket and walked through the front door, smiling over at the receptionist in the lobby.
Walking towards the door under the "Making Life Easier" sign, I saw Hummel's receptionist, Linda, typing away at her computer. She looked up from over her glasses and smiled at me, waving.

"Hello." I signed.
She handed me a clipboard telling me to sign in as she pressed the intercom button on the phone. I signed in and place the clipboard back on her desk and walked over to sit in the red velvet fabric colored chairs.
I looked down at my watch. 8:10 it read. They let me in right away when I got here yesterday. What is taking so long?
I saw the front door swing open from the corner of my eye, causing me to turn and look. Mr. Hummel was coming in carrying 3 coffees, 2 donut bags, a satchel and a bunch of papers.
I watched as him and Linda exchanged words. Mr. Hummel handed Linda a cup of coffee and a donut bag and walked towards his office door.

"Kurt" I saw Linda say.
He swiftly turned around seeing Linda pointing in my direction. As he turned towards me, his eyes bulged, seeing me sitting there. With his free hand, he waved me over to follow him.
I slowly stood up, looking over at Linda with a confused look. She just smiled and laughed turning back to her donut bag.

I shut the door behind me, walking in and standing next to the couch.
I watched as he ran around his room, getting organized.
He quickly sipped his coffee and threw it in the trash can, grabbing the other one and taking a sip of that before walking over and sitting down across from me. I slowly sunk down into the couch.
He smiled tiredly.
His eyes wondered around the chair looking for something.
He held up his index finger and stood up, walking back over to his desk. When he came back he had two whiteboards and two markers in hand.
He sat back down, handing me a board and marker, and began writing.

"Sorry I'm so late and disorganized. I don't usually have appointments this early. I see you forgot your whiteboard?"

"Yeah. Sorry about that. My plan was to go to work after this, but my Dad just dropped me off and left. I don't know when he'll be back. I forgot my board in the back of his car." I wrote, shrugging.

He nodded.

"How long is this session going to be?" I wrote.

"Well I don't have another appointment until 11. And since you don't have anything to do, want to go till 11?" He asked.

"Sounds good to me." I wrote.
He went back to the white board and scribbled for a little bit.
When he turned the board back around, it was a drawing of a thumbs up emoji. He laughed, putting the board back down and walking over to his desk, grabbing his coffee.

"What are we learning today?" I wrote.
He walked back over, coffee in hand, grabbed his marker and scribbled down
"Basic Conversation" onto my board.

*10:30*

"How do you feel about this?" Mr. Hummel signed.

"Good. This is easier than I thought." I replied.

He reached over to the end of the table and grabbed the board and wrote
"I still want you to carry this around with you. 1, not many people know sign. And 2, you don't know every sign. Okay?"
I nodded.

"What kind of coffee do you drink?"  I asked.

"Non-Fat Grande Mocha" he wrote.
I nodded, remembering that.

"What are we learning tomorrow?"

"Music."
I looked at him questioningly.

"It'll be easier for you at work."