Chapter 21

Kurt's POV
~

"So what are your plans for your three days off?" I asked, sitting down on Blaine's couch and handing him a cup of coffee.

Blaine's dad had left to go home the night Blaine got out of the hospital. He said he fell so behind on work being here that he had to get back. He flew back with his wife, so it was just me and Blaine.

"I was hoping I could hang out with you?" Blaine said with a shy smile.

"I'm afraid that can't happen!" I said, looking over as Blaine made his puppy face.

"But... Why not??" He whined.

"Because, my dear puppy, unlike you, I still have to go to work."

"How about when you get off from work!? You can come overrrr, I'll make you some dinnerrrr. Doesn't that sound niceeeee." He bounced on his knees.

I eyed him slightly from the corner of my eyes.
"Hmmm. Do you even know how to cook?" I asked.
Blaine quickly moved his hand over his heart and gasped.
"Do I... Even KNOW, how to COOK?! Who do you think I am?!" He said with a shocked face, causing me to laugh.

"Of course I can come over after work." I said, still giggling.

"Yayyyy" He said happily.

Blaine's POV
~
We sat in silence, drinking our coffee.

"So on Friday, my dad has a traditional family dinner... Would you like to go?" Kurt asked, nervously.

"Uhh. Just you and your dad?"

"Yeah? Is that a problem?" He raised my left eyebrow.

"What? Oh! No. No not a problem at all, just.. Um.. I don't know. Nervous I guess." I cleared his throat and tugged at my collar.

"What are you nervous about?? You've met my dad a number of times!" He slightly hit his shoulder.

"Yeah, but that was when.. When I was.." I silently trailed off.

"Deaf?" Kurt finished for me, earning a slow nod.

"My dad is still going to like you with your hearing, Blaine. That's kind of a silly reason to think that he wouldn't."

"It's not just that. It's just, he knew me as just your student. Now I'm not your student. I'm your boyfr-" I looked over at Kurt and saw a surprised look on his face.
"Oh. Are we not. I just thought that. And then we kissed. And my mother, and everyone at work knows. And Wes. And my dad. I just thought...."

"Blaine, what are you rambling on about?" Kurt asked, holding back a laugh.

"You don't want to be boyfriends. I didn't know that. That's all." I looked down at my hands.

"Blaine, why in gods name would I not want to be your boyfriend?"

"Well you just gave me that look when I said boyfr- oh never mind." I said defeated.

"Oh Blainey, sometime I wonder what goes on in that head of yours." He ran his hands through my curls, causing me to smile.
"Don't worry about my dad. He's going to love you. He already really likes you. Just beware, he does own a shot gun."

"Kurtttttt! He's gonna try and killllll me and then I'm never gonna see you again!!!" I pulled him close to me and held him tight.

"I would never let that happen, Blainey. Ever." He ran his finger through my hair again and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

~
A/N
Ughhh I have midterms this week and I'm gonna dieeee, wish me luck!
Hope you enjoyed this short chapter, I'll have more soon, I promise.
Until Next Time.....