Chapter 20

"Alright Blaine! You're ready to be released!" Blaine's Doctor said after looking over his charts.

"Re-really? I can go home?" Blaine stammered.

"Yep! Just take it easy with how much noise you're around, okay? Your ears aren't used to high frequencies anymore, you have to gradually get back into it."

"So I'm clear to go back to work then?" He said, hopefully.

"I wouldn't see why not. Jest remember, take it easy." The doctor said, with a stern look.

"Your father is waiting outside with some clothes for you. Once you get changed you can check out. Now, I want you to come back in a week or 2 so I can check on those ears of yours. Understood?" He asked.

"Understood! Thank you so much!" Blaine said happily.

Blaine's POV
~
Dad walked in as the doctor left the room, a bag of clothes in his hand.

"Ready to go home?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I actually want to stop by work first. Mind dropping me off? I'll get a ride home from Wes or something." I asked.

"Sure thing. I'll go sign all the release forms while you change." Dad said with a wave, walking back out the door.

I pulled out my phone and shot a quick text to Wes.

Me: hey dude! I'm stopping by work today. Mind giving me a ride home when you're all done?

I felt my phone buzz back as I pulled my shirt over my head.

Wes: Sure thing dude! Can't wait to get you back here! See you soon.

Man, I can't wait to see everyone. I've missed it like crazy. The only thing I'm dreading is trying to explain all this to my boss, and rescheduling with clients. But man, I can't wait to get back into that recording studio.

"Ready?" Dad poked his head into the room.

"Let's go." I smiled.

*40 minutes later*

I walked into the building and looked around at the familiar surrounds. Nothing's changed a bit. Cherie, the receptionist, was sitting at her desk staring at her computer screen. She was so into her work, she didn't even realize I was there.

"So what game are you playing now, Cherie? Bet I could still kick your ass in it." I smirked as she jumped and quickly exited out of her recent tab.

"Damn it, Blaine! I was on my highest level! I'm never gonna get that far again!" She sighed.

"Pay attention to when people walk in this building, or you're never gonna see this pretty face of mine if boss man catches you not doing any work." I said, making a tsk tsk noise, shaking my head back in forth.

"You really are the worst Blaine Anderson. Speaking of pretty faces and not doing their work, where have you been?" She asked.

"I got surgery done. No big deal. Now are you gonna press the button to let me in or am I gonna have to jump over this railing?  Come on Cherie. Do your job!" I laughed as she rolled and pressed the button to open the gate.

"Thank you ma'am. Now go beat that high score of yours."

"You are the worst Blaine Anderson. The worst." She laughed, turning back to her computer and opening her game back up. I shook my head.
Man it's good to be back.

"Anderson! Is that you?" I turned around to see Dale walking towards me.

"Where the hell have you been Anderson?!" He asked. "Actually, you can tell me later. I need you to help Wes out with some new clients. He said they're a pain in the ass. Before you leave to go home, stop by my office."