Chapter 12

Blaine's POV
~
"Dad just said he's done talking to your father and it's time for us to leave." Kurt signed, standing up from the bed.

"Do you have to go?" I pouted, causing him to smile.

"Yes. You and your dad have to talk. Text me when it's over and tell me how it goes. Okay?" Kurt leaned over, embracing me in a hug.

I nodded as we pulled away.
"Can I get a good luck kiss?" I grinned widely.
Kurt's lips tugged into a smirk as he pulled me in for a kiss.

"Thank you!" I grinned happily.

"Goodbye, Blainey." Kurt smiled as he walked out of the bedroom.

After a few minutes I walked down the steps and into the living room where Dad was sitting on the couch, staring at his hands.
As I walked over towards him, I saw him look up, grabbing the whiteboard next to him and holding it out towards me. I grabbed the board and turned it towards me.

"You used to sing in the shower." It read. I looked over at him and nodded. He waved his hand for me to give him the board.

"Actually, you never stopped singing." I nodded again.
He erased what he had written and began scribbling. Occasionally he would look up at me and then back again. Sometimes he would erase and start again.
Eventually he handed the board back over to me.

"When you were 7, me and your mother took you to the Donnelley's for a Christmas party. We usually had the parties at our house, but we changed it up a bit that year. When we walked into the entrance, we said hello and you automatically asked where the music was. We had music at our Christmas parties, but their music was a bit different. We had a piano and guitars and drums at ours. When you went over to the stage, you pointed to one of the instruments and asked the lady 'what's that?' She said it's a violin and asked if you'd like her to play it. At first you weren't that interested because you had never heard of a violin. But once she started playing, you were mesmerized by it. After asking her to play over and over again, you eventually ran over to your mother and asked for violin lessons. We got you those lessons because you were so passionate about the violin. Eventually you were playing at the parties we were hosting. Out of all the instruments you learned to play, you were never as in love with them as you were with the violin. You love the violin. You love all instruments. You love music. It's what makes you happy. I didn't realize that at first. You have this opportunity to hear again. You deserve to hear again. To listen to your music and continue to make more. Which is why, I will sign off on you getting the operation." I looked up at him with my mouth wide open.

"I can.. I can get it?" I spoke as best as I could. He nodded in response to me.
I felt tears run down my face as I pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you, so much, dad." I sniffed as he patted me on the back.

"I want Mom to be here when it happens."

"Okay. I can arrange that."

"Thank you again. You don't know how much this means to me."
I ran up the steps and grabbed my phone, typing out a quick message as I plopped down on the bed.

Me: I'm getting the surgery!

~
A/N
YIPPIE!
I'm sorry for being gone for so long. I was on vacation with really bad wifi and Netflix is always in my way 😂 but I'll update sooner next time!! I promise!
Until Next Time....