Chapter 7

Blaine's POV
~

*11 am*

"Are we almost done here? I have somewhere to be at 1." I wrote, handing the note to my doctor.
We've been here since 9 am and I'm starting to get impatient. They've put me through 3 different monitors, 2 ultrasounds, and they still have one more test to run.

"Yep. This will take a few minutes and then we'll get the results soon."

Great. I better be out of here by 12.

*11:45*
"Alright Blaine, we have good news. We are able to perform the surgery on you. We already talked it over with your father and he said he wants to talk to you about it first. We won't be able to perform it until you both sign off on it."

"I can get the surgery.." I said, astonished.
He nodded his head.

"Thanks Doc, I'll be back soon." I said grabbing the papers from his hand and running out the door.

"Blaine, we need to talk about this." Dad held the board up when I got into the car.

"There's nothing to talk about. Come on, I need to be somewhere at 1. We'll talk the details over later tonight. I need to change my clothes. Let's go." I wrote throwing the board down into his lap and putting my seat belt on.

*12:45*

"I'll be back soon." I handed dad the whiteboard and threw my shoes on.

"We have to talk tonight." He wrote.

"Okay. Bye" I grabbed my keys and walked through the elevator doors, pressing the button for Ground Floor.

I walked out of the lobby and onto the side walk down the street.
Passing the Chinese Corner store, I almost tripped over a dog. I continued down the sidewalk for 4 more blocks until I reached the coffee shop. Corner Cafe & Bakery. Out of all the cafes I've ever been, this will always be my favorite. No one tops there delicious Cronuts. It's a beautiful thing when you bite into them.

*buzz buzz*
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.
"1 New Message"

Kurt: I think I'm here. I'm not really sure...

I turned around looking for him in the crowd.

Me: I think I see you. Look up and over towards the bench out front.

I looked back up to see Kurt staring back at me.
I raised my hand up high and waved.
He smiled and walked towards me, shoving his phone into his pocket.
Man, his jeans were tight...

"Hi Blaine."

"Hi Kurt." I smiled.

*buzz*
"1 New Message"

Wes: Stop flirting with that guy outside and get your ass in here.

I turned around and looked through the window to see Wes sitting at a table staring at me.

"Let's go." I signed, walking towards the door and holding it open for Kurt.
I felt Wes watching me carefully as me and Kurt stood in line.

"What do you want?" Kurt asked when we got up to the cashier.

"Medium Drip and a chocolate cronut." He nodded pulling out his wallet and talking to the blonde barista. I hovered my hand over his and shook my head.

"You paid for my dinner last night. You're not paying for this." He rolled his eyes and continued to pull his wallet out.

"I want to pay."