Chapter Eight

Warning: short chapter haha sorry! ;) also, hottness

~

There are times in one's life where you think about the happenings of your life, and you begin to find yourself wondering if your life is where it should be, or if you're but a puppet on a string. Is there someone up in that sky staring down on us, knowing our Fates, our destiny, and laughing.

    We pretend that we don't like mind games, we don't like the drama that comes with being a teenager, but aren't we all playing a game in reality. Life is a game in and of itself. Every little thing we do could have an impact on the next chapter of our lives, even the smallest of things could create the largest of holes in a heart.

    I shake my head as I find myself trekking up the steps of J. Rich for yet another day. Today holds another cloudy filled sky and I know that tonight is going to be another rainy day here, not that I'm complaining- only that I wish it were a thunderstorm. I can feel someone watching me, but I've begun to think of it more as a normal occurrence as of late. You can't live your life looking over your shoulder, I think as I adjust the strap of my backpack firmly on my shoulder.

    Reid walks up to me. His eyes are sparkling, and his hair is set so that his curls fall perfectly around his face. I feel my heart tighten. Do. Not. Give. In. "Don't even think about it," I say as I rip open the door.

    "Come on, Adaline," he says. When I don't turn he grabs my arm, hard. I yelp, and then I glare. Pain shoots through my arm.

    His eyes widen. "I'm sorry. Just listen to me."

    "Why would I listen to you? What makes you think you deserve it?"

    He grabs my shoulders and brings me close to him, but the only thing I feel now is nausea as his breath fills my senses. Where there once was exploration, now holds nothing. It's comical how something that seemed so significant in the moment, can become so worthless within seconds. There would be no forgiveness.

    Reid's eyes fill with anger, and I know that look. It's the same one he used to give other guys when they looked at me longingly. "Let's go. You're coming with me whether you like it, or not."

    I open my mouth to speak, but am cut off by the sweet, deep, husky voice of Damien Aleric.

    "The lady implied you should leave her alone. And, I suggest you listen to her," he says with one arm on Reid's, prying his fingers off of my arm. My face feels hot. "Now," he removes one arm as he speaks, "let go."

    Reid scoffs and shoves him, sending his shoulder jolting back. Damien's black hair covers his cerulean eyes, and a deadly smirk forms on his face. I can see the fear in Reid's eyes, and admit that I feel it too. "Shut up, this is none of your fucking business," Reid says through gritted teeth. "Freaking Pyro Boy."

    I stare at both boys, wondering what Damien is going to say- what witty remark will he come up with next? A memory comes flooding back to my mind, and I shake my head dispelling it to the drawers of my mind once again. Remember what he did, Adaline.

    Instead, Damien grabs my hand interlocking our fingers and pulls me through the mass of people. All eyes are on us, and I know the whispers are remarking about how peculiar it is. Everyone knew the happenings of our lives, and everyone knew our history.

    "Let go of me," I say, whispering. I don't want to cause a scene, but it seems as though my hotheaded ex-boyfriend has already managed to do that as he storms after us. "Damien!"

    "If I let go," he starts looking me dead in the eye, sending shivers down my spine, "I'm going to turn around and punch the daylights out of him. So, choose."

    I roll my eyes. Where is Lucas when you need him?

    We travel fast through the hallways, his hand never loosens its grip on mine, and there's something surprisingly familiar about it. As if this is simply an ever day occurrence. We near my Biology class.

    Just as swiftly as he appeared, he was gone. And I simply stand there. Reid is gone, I don't know exactly where to, but something just isn't right anymore. I can't place it, but it's nothing good. Of that, I am certain.

    Are you okay? Do you need me to come get you?

     I smile at Lucas' concern.

    I'm okay, talk later? I miss you and it's been about eight hours.

    I can imagine his face turning into a smile. And, as I walk into science class my eyes fall on a girl, whose golden eyes seem ominously familiar, yet I don't quite know exactly who she is. Her smile is warm and inviting. Something makes me think that this isn't the first time I've seen this girl with sunlit hair and golden eyes. I find myself drawn to her, and as I sit beside her she turns to me and says in the most musical voice I've ever heard,

    "Hello. I'm Calliope," she says, still holding that beautiful smile, "and you are?"

Hey people,

So I know this is an extremely short chapter so if you want a double update comment!!!

Any thoughts????? Love Lucas? Adore Calliope?

Vote, comment, share! But, most of all keep reading :) love you guys!

New chapter will be released when we hit 2K darlings :)

-Maria