-Aragorn-

:: y'all, in this one shot you and Aragorn are teenagers

It had been a long time sense you had a day to relax. Mostly, your life consisted of tending to horses or pulling back the sting of a bow to let an arrow fly. Typically, your life would alternate between these two things. You were a being of productivity and dedication.

You worked hard, fought harder, and most days you forget to slow down. Once even, a friend of yours had to knock you out to actually get you to sleep. So that fact that you sat on this hillside doing absolutely nothing was almost comical.

But you had managed to convince yourself that you needed a break. A day off. Freedom. So you sat on the hillside that overlooked your small unnamed village. The sun was just beginning to rise and the horizon proudly displayed it's shades of pink and orange.

The grass beneath you was soft and welcoming as your fingers trailed through it. In the trees behind you you could hear the occasional call of one bird to each other...

It was completely peaceful... That was, until some young man came tearing through the woods like a madman, hollering loudly the entire time. He was yelling something about a forest troll? You couldn't quite tell. He was actually running straight for you, and your mind kicked in just soon enough for you to realize you should scramble to your feet. And that you did.

Just as you were on your feet, the young man crashed into you, his dark brown hair rolling around his face like a gentle halo. He steadied you, his hand interlocking with yours.

"Run."

That's the only thing he said to you as the two of you turned to run into the cover of the trees, his soft hand holding onto yours tightly.

Beneath your feet you could feel the ground tremor as something large ran... And that somethings large was a giant forest troll that was right on your tail. You squeezed the boys hand tighter, being sure to pick up your pace a bit.

"Aragorn."

The boy breathed this out in his deep voice as the two of you weaved skillfully through the trees, the world shaking around you.

"Y/N."

You managed to gasp this out, though you were begging to become tired from the running, and you were finding it much harder to breathe at this point. Just as you felt you were about to collapse, Aragorn pulled you to the right, and the two of you ducked into a small cave. A cave the forest troll couldn't reach the two of you in.

You crammed into the back of the cave tightly, your bodies pressed close together, breathing heavy, and hearts pounding. The two of you sat for quite some time until you felt the ground cease its shaking beneath you.

Then you began to giggle, and Aragorn just looked to you with a raised eyebrow.

"What a strange way to meet a person!"

You laughed, finding this entire situation comical. After a few moments, Aragorn began laughing too. Thus, the two of you sat laughing and talking well into the day, not even bothering to crawl out of the cave until the sun began to set.