Chapter 12: I Miss Her...

~Sonic~

Sonic sighed heavily as him, Tails and Knuckles were going for a walk. The cool air was really nice and refreshing. So many things were racing around in his mind, as if he were running around in circles.

"And then when he poured the water into the..." Tails was going on and on about what happened to Knuckles in chemistry class earlier that day. Sonic was kind of half listening, occasionally laughing and nodding his head. His mind was just somewhere else.

"Oh come on Tails! It wasn't like that!" Knuckles argued, trying to close the foxes mouth, but with no prevail as Tails flew over his head, out of his reach.

"He must of known he did something wrong because then it started bubbling up and then, BOOM! it exploded in his face! It was the funniest thing ever! You should have seen it Sonic, his face was priceless!"
Tails laughed historically, as Knuckles continued to swat at the fox.

Tails's stopped laughing. "Sonic, why aren't you laughing? Sonic?"

Tails poked at his arm and Sonic snapped back to reality.
"Oh heh heh, yeah that sounds like it was really funny, little buddy." Sonic rubbed his head nervously.

"Hey Sonic, what's wrong?" Tails asked, concern shown clearly in his voice.

Sonic was taken aback. "It's nothin' Tails."

"Sonic, something's definitely wrong. You can tell me, I'm your best friend!" Tails said, so serious it almost scared Sonic.

"Tails it's okay, believe me." Sonic put a hand on the small foxes' shoulder.

"Sonic, is this about Amy?" Tails asked, even more serious, while raising a brow.

Sonic's cheeks and ears started turning red as a tomato. Shock took over his face, making his expression look even worse.

Knuckles started laughing historically, holding his stomach. "Sonic has a crush! Sonic has a crush!"

"I do not!" Sonic clenched his fists.

"Sonic has a crush?" Shadow, just seemingly came out of no where, asked, making Sonic jump.

"I do not okay?! Besides I'm dating Sally!" Sonic said angrily.

"Yeah sure." Knuckles and Shadow laughed ( which was a first for Shadow).

Tails crossed his arms.
"Sonic do you like Amy?"

Sonic began to blush again. Knuckles and Shadow started laughing again.

"Come on guys, just stop laughing and let Sonic answer." Tails shouted to them.

They slowly stopped laughing as Sonic glared at them. Knuckles cleared his throat, smirking and giggling silently with Shadow.

"So do you?" Tails asked, his hands on his hips.

"I-I don't know! She's just so..." Sonic got lost in thought trying to figure out how he felt.

Knuckles and Shadow smirked and laughed under their breath.

Sonic glared daggers at them again. He continued,
"Amy, she's so different now. She's smart, nice, popular with the boys..."

"Awww is Sonic Jeawouse?" Knuckles said in a babyish tone.

"Shut up!" Sonic yelled. He cooled down and returned his attention to Tails.
"Yes, she might be all those things, but she was mean to my girlfriend and that isn't okay!"

"Sonic, don't you find it a bit suspicious that Amy was mean to Sally? Do you really believe she wants to just use you?
Just to kiss and tell?"