Chapter 16: The Party of the Century

Chapter 16! Okay so I'm going to be editing and changing  previous chapters because I feel like I need to incorporate more characters ( *cough* *cough* Sonic) and change some things. Enjoy~

__________________________

Friday night. Music blasted. Lights blared. Mobians danced. Everything looked amazing. At least that's what Amy thought as they approached the front gate. Sally's mansion was huge, just as she expected. So big that she could probably fit another school in there. It was well decorated too. Streamers and fairy lights were hung up. Chinese lanterns were hung, giving everything an amazing glow. But that was only the outside. Inside, it was dark with lights blaring all around, a DJ blaring music over a huge sound system, balloons flying all around while everyone danced and had a good time.

"This looks amazing." Amy breathed out as she took sight of the party.

Amy, Cream and Rouge had just arrived at the party, and were already being swooped up onto the dance floor before they could even walk through the front gate. She could hear her bat friend giggle at her, but was too busy starring at the ambience to notice Rouge slip away from them.

"Tell me about it," Cream agreed with a giggle.
"What about you Rouge?" The rabbit turned around to see the bat was gone. She sighed heavily as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Well Rouge is gone. I'm going to go find her, okay?" Cream said as her eyes scoped around the party for her bat friend, her hair accessories dangling.

"Yeah, okay," Amy said as she waved Cream off. The hippie dressed rabbit smiled as she walked off to the dance floor where she presumed the bat girl would be.

Amy looked around also. There was a certain someone she intended to find.
"I wonder if Scourge is even here yet..." she whispered out to herself.

While looking around for Scourge, the pink hedgehog also idled around for Sally and her crew. Nowhere. She sighed, telling herself to calm down. She didn't want to worry about Sally anymore, even though she had a feeling the squirrel was up to something. The point of this night was to have fun, and she wouldn't let Sally get in the way of that. Besides, she was probably busy making out with Sonic somewhere, right?

Ugh, Sonic, she thought as she eyed around for the blue hedgehog. She mentally kicked herself for thinking of him. No more Sonic, Amy. He's dating Sally. You're dating Scourge, she told herself as she forced herself to refrain from looking or thinking about him. She took an uneasy breath. She looked to the ground, as if expecting it to open up and tell her the secrets to the universe.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Amy jumped with a squeak. She turned around to meet the person who surprised her.
"Tails!"

"Hi there, little red riding hood," he said taking note of her costume.
"Don't worry, I'm no big bad wolf."

Amy rolled her eyes playfully.
"Ha ha. Very funny."
Her hands on her hips as she took note of his costume with a sarcastic expression.
"What're you supposed to be, Benjamin Franklin?"

Tails laughed. "Good guess. Albert Einstein, actually. That's where the quote comes from."

"I should have known," Amy chuckled with another playful eye roll.