Camping

Kira: 

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining on the water and the grass was green. My paddle dipped in and out of the water to propel our canoe forward. My family and I were on one of our summer canoe trips for the week. Mom, Dad, Andrew, and myself all had packed our bags in the canoe and set off from the shore. My brother Andrew and I were in the canoe with my mom, while dad was far ahead in the kayak.  We soon lost sight of my father as he turned the corner but then spotted him waving wildly at us after we turned the corner as well. He called out to us saying that he had found a spot to camp. As we got out of the canoe and set up camp I was able to get a good look at the camp site. The ground was mostly sand but there was a big rock that ended in the water. A perfect swimming spot. We cooked dinner over the fire and drank hot chocolate. Then we got into the tents. I crawled into the tent and slipped into my sleeping bag using my clothes stuffed into a bag as a pillow. I ruffled my dirty blond hair that was still stiff from the water and closed my eyes and soon fell asleep. I was sleeping soundly until a movement by my head woke me up. The thing moved around the outside of the tent then went away. I cautiously stepped out of the tent with my flashlight and shined it at the edge of the tent. The flashlight illuminated a pair of human footprints in the sand. They were fresh and did not have a mark like the bottom of a shoe. But they weren't one of my family's. I put my foot next to one and saw that it was a little bit bigger than mine. I looked to see where the footprints lead but they disappeared when they got to the forest.