The Visitor

Abigail:

I woke up suddenly and sat up. I was breathing heavily and was sweating. I looked around then exhaled a breath seeing that I was in the elvish hospital with nurses running about. I was dreaming that I was being killed by the Voidian king but couldn't do anything about it. Josh was standing there with Nick and Hannah trapped in a cage watching me be killed. I finally settled down and a nurse scurried over to me.

"Miss Abigail? Are you all right?" She asked and lifted my arm which was wrapped at the top.

"Ya, I just had a bad dream," I said looking at the top of my arm as she unwrapped the bandage. It was black and burned down to the bone. She cleaned my wound with a special herb that made my eyes water in pain. Then she re-wrapped it with a clean bandage.

"How are you today?" She asked as she checked my leg. She unwrapped it and treated it. It wasn't as bad as my arm but I would have a limp for a while. The nurse finished up and left. I laid back down and had a nap. A few hours later I was woken by the nurse who told me that I had a visitor. I sat up and saw Nick walk down the hallway. He had a bouquet of flowers in his hand and still had a bandage on his left arm.

"Abigail, are you okay?" He sat down on the edge of my bed and handed me the flowers and I put them in a vase by my bedside that the nurses put there.

"Ya, I'm fine. Just got burned a bit." I said looking at him. He sighed and looked down.

"I wasn't your fault. I got distracted." Then I looked at him.

"What's our next mission?" He looked up.

"Well, since we're both injured we are told that we are to escort king Mandez and his visitor when they get here tomorrow." He said and stood up.

"I must get going, but I will see you tomorrow." With that, he stood up and walked away. The next morning I was released from the hospital. I headed to the courtyard of the castle to meet Nick.

"Hey."
"Hey, King Mandez should be here soon. We should go to the launch pad."
Nick started walking the other direction and I slowly followed him. Eldenwood wasn't huge but it was surrounded by woods and the buildings were randomly placed around the roads with a silver stream that ran through the city to the Eldenwood tree that symbolized that Elements ruled these lands. The launch pad was at the edge of the city. By the time we got there the royal carriage pulled by Pegasuses was depending. The gazebo opened up and the carriage touched down. Nick and I hurried up the steps and stood at attention as the King stepped out. He was slightly fat with small wings that emerged from his back. He wore red robes and a golden crown atop his head. The only thing was that I had to bend down to talk to him because he was so tiny.
"King Mandez, we have been expecting you."
"Abigail I have a visitor I would like you to attend to here as I visit king Arburan about a matter." He swung his arm towards the tiny carriage and I was just able to see a tiny girl in there.
"Oh course your Highness." I stood up and watched as the king waved his hand and he and the carriage grew to normal size. A teenage girl stepped out of the carriage and advanced toward Nick and me. She had dirty blond hair and blue eyes.
We walked in silence for awhile then the girl broke the silence.
"So, what are your names?" Nick turned to face her.
"I'm Nick, this is my partner Abigail."
I also turned around to be polite and faced the girl.
"What is your name?"
"Kira. By the way, why do you have different braided down the back of your head?"
"They symbolize your position in the city. We are warriors so we have a fishtail."
"Also where are we?"
"You are in Eldenwood. Home of the elves." I said.
We reached the house she was to stay in and stopped.
"This is where you will be staying. There is a change of clothes available and you may rest until we come for you. Please do not leave your house until then. If you need anything ring the bell. I opened the door and the girl walked in. She stood at the doorway as I limped away with Nick and she shut the door.