Lazy Days

Kira:
The next day I woke up to the sound of my parents talking around the fire. I got up and went out of our tent still dressed in my gray sports shorts and my green t-shirt from yesterday. My family packs light for these trips so we have to sleep in our clothes. When I got out of the tent I checked the side again for the footprints but they had disappeared. 

"Kira, honey! Are you hungry?" My mom called  I yanked my attention away from the place the footprints were and face my mom. "Sure mom," I replied and walked over to the fire and my mom handed me a bowl of hot oatmeal. Brown sugar, my favorite. After we ate I took a dip in the lake before I planned to take the kayak out for a spin. I was in the water all day splashing in the lake and relaxing in our green inflated ring. When the sun went down my father lit a fire and we roasted marshmallows and made smores.  That night I got up to go to the bathroom. I climbed out of the tent and looked up. The sky was painted with stars. The milky way rippled across the sky like a silky ribbon. I traveled up the path to the washroom. After I was done I walked back down the path. As I was walking something hit my forehead and an icky substance ran down my face and got in my eyes.
"Aaahh!"  I took a step back, tripped, and went down hard. I hit my head on a rock and darkness surrounded me.